Anthias

sturnmeyer

Scott,

I purchased a single lyretail anthia about 2 years ago to see how she would do before attempting a school. I never got the school but my single has done very well without any additional feeding or attention. She is in a 150 reef with a lot of other agressive larger fish and while she isnt fat like the other fish, she is very healthy and has great vigor. She eats frozen Marine Cuisine, mysis, brine shrimp etc. She appears to like to chase food. I am sure she picks pods off living rock as well. I only feed my fish once per day.

I think its a crap shoot.....if you have a very well established tank I think you will have luck. However if you are planning a school or group; you may have to pay more attention to a different feeding schedule than I use.

Bob

its kind of like a sun coral. they wont die if you feed once or twice a day but they will grow faster and do better with multiple feedings. i had 5 in my tank before and i fed twice a day and they did well but when are started feeding more they got fatter and started to grow more.