Radium Deal wasnt worth it

trockafella

So i ordered a radium bulb from that sale hamilton had, got it yesterday and it was broken into a million pieces.. Worst packing job i have ever seen on a fragile item.. It was sitting in a box of peanuts, no bubble wrap, not secured, just loose... And then to make it even better, they told me there sold out and cant get me a new one for 2 weeks... They wouldnt make any effort to fix the problem at all, they said you can have your money back or wait 2 weeks (or so) for another.. Then they told me its not their fault it broke... I should be mad at UPS apparently.. The box had no damage or anything, just a half a** packing job... Oh well.. I will never order from them again... With that being said, where can i get a radium bulb locally..? BRK, Aqua Co, anyone know who sells them and how much they go for in the store..?? Thanks..

Wait. What did you expect them to do? They said it was NOT THEIR fault yet they were willing to give you your money back or ship another one when they have more in two weeks. What more can you ask for? They ship a lot of bulbs. You really think they don't know how to pack them? They'd be dealing with refunds and replacements on a regular basis.

Good point steve although sometimes attitude of the seller can quickly reverse a bad situation. I have bought lights from hello lights for years and rarely look anywhere else. This is mostly because how they handled 3 xm bulbs that I bought from them that I thought produced a very yellow light. That is all they needed to know, they sent me three new bulbs and didn't even ask for the old ones. They didn't try and shift blame or even ask me anything more. All they needed to know was I wasn't happy.

I do understand that things happen, I also work in a business where excuses are unacceptable.. The bigger problem was that they were sold out and i would have to wait upto 3 weeks to get a replacement.. I expect people to accept responsibility, not point a finger at UPS, I didnt order from UPS... And they are going to get me another one and offered a discount on anything else... The principal was there lack of responsibility and inconvience.. Luckily some wamas members offered to help and things are ok... But as a consumer i have the right to be displeased with the situation..

I ordered 4 bulbs from them and mine came in a bubble wrapped box inside of another box. Packing was very good and no issues at all. I am surprised that yours was so bad. Hopefully they can resolve it for you. I have 2 extra bulbs if you want them until yours come in. I won't need them until next year when I replace mine.

I got both of mine and they were packaged in a factory box, wrapped in bubble wrap with peanuts in 100% condition. There were pieces of styrofoam on the ends and it seemed that if the box had anything put on it when it was on end that the bulbs would easily break... or if it was dropped on end. So I would say someone stacked yours on end or dropped the box on end... if yours were packaged like mine was.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Edited by reefhunter

I posted the deal on three websites, so I'm not surprised they sold out at all. I'd just chalk up the deal to S Happens. Seems others were very happy.