Who makes the smallest Powerhead?

Ne0eN

I'm looking for a small powerhead for a household project. What is the most compact, fully submersible pump that will have an output that can easily be connected to a 1/4" tubing? Thanks!! :eek:

--Rob

(edited)
I'm looking for a small powerhead for a household project. What is the most compact, fully submersible pump that will have an output that can easily be connected to a 1/4" tubing? Thanks!! :eek:

--Rob

-----

Sounds like Micro-Jet 320 is the winner at 6W, 1.75" L x 1.5" W x 2.25" H

Does anyone have one lying around so I can test it before ordering a new one?

Edited by Ne0eN

I robbing this thread to say that I will be doing something like capsfan 2.5, so this was helpful!

I was contemplating that as well. I stioll have the lights and stand from my old 2.5 lying around. You go right on ahead and start a build thread so I can see how yours looks. :biggrin:

/hijack

My GF loves her shrooms, but her shrooms hate my flow, so I was going to give her a 2.5g shroom box! I have to get my PH and lights but have everything else!

go with an hob for the 2.5. on another note ill be building a .5 gal if youre looking for a challange

I'm working with Mac on the new iTank series! MP3, XM, and T5's :cool:

PS sorry for ruining this thread!

Edited by Smoothtriqueter

And what might this project be that requires a small powerhead?

Ummm, nothing related to fishkeeping. I'm trying to mod my whole-house by-pass humidifier to supply more moisture into the air. By design, it's supposed to 'wick' water from a bottom reservoir into a pad that the HVAC air is passing through. I find that to be very inefficient as at any time only the bottom 1/5th of the pad appears wet. What I want to do is to add a small powerhead that would pump the water from the reservoir back to the top of the pad and let it continuously flow soaking the pad to its maximum. :idea:

The other option is to open up the water control solenoid and install a drain so that the water flows through it, but that wastes a ton of water. (I specifically bought a wicking humidifier to not waste water.)

I suppose I could also use RO/DI waste water to run through the humidifier, but that could mock up the pad too quickly...

--Rob

another place you can look is michaels. They have these very small water pumps for making small rock fountains.

I have a very small brand new (used for 30 secs of testing) that isn't going to work for my project. Its DC. and its about 1x2x1.5" ish. Let me know if you want it.

I have a very small brand new (used for 30 secs of testing) that isn't going to work for my project. Its DC. and its about 1x2x1.5" ish. Let me know if you want it.

Do you have a pic? Does it have input and output or just output? Turns out I need something I can connect the input to so that I can insert a small house into the reservoir. I know I'm gonna have to prime it somehow...

--Rob

I could give it an Input with some super glue/weldon I also recently found an ac pump that must be 1"x.75"x.75" neither have an input but I'm confident I could make one for you