How much light does Chaeto need?

sen5241b

Grown it with a daylight CF bulb from HomeDepot before. Just get anything from 5500 to 6500K range should be fine.

I use 2- 13 watt CF spotlights over a 55 gallon fuge that I got at HD. They works great. Tons of cheato and other macros that I constaintly trim.

Lights of America fluorescent fixture from Home Depot. Not sure how many watts, but not too many. Chaeto grows like a weed. I saw an LFS selling it for $10/bag and I almost fell out of my chair, except I was standing up. I throw away large fistfulls every week.

(edited)

I can tell you this, my 7watt CP "perch light" 6400K doesn't cut it. My chaeto rotted and I had to throw most of it out.

Edited by sen5241b

I can tell you this, my 7watt CP "perch light" 6400K doesn't cut it. My chaeto rotted and I had to throw most of it out.

So, get a 13 watt or better spotlight. Those perch lights grow big perch, though

gallery_160_308_12791.jpg

I've got 2 compact flourescents running over the cheato in my sump and I now have so much of it that at this point, not only can my bristle worms play hide-n-seek in it, I'm sure I could get in there with them.....if I ever got over my fear of those worms... :lol: