Want Any Cyclop-Eeze??

KABALA

Those are 1.6 lb blocks.  Did you find out about smaller packages?  If you want to chop it up in fourths I'd be interested.  LMK.  I think a whole block is much more than I want to experiment with :)  Sounds like good stuff though from reading it over.  Ah heck- guess I can split an order with you if no one else is interested.  What's more lost freezer space in the name of reefing.

I have used both the frozen and the flake ,,,been using this stuff for a while,,, real good.

Nathan

Well I havent called them to see what the deal was with small packages really wasnt interested since im sure they are going to add on for dry ice and insulated box. I can order one extra and let you, Michael and Reefmon split one if that satisfy you guys.

Aquariareview, do you get them at a local place or mail order as well. I was interested as I just read an article in Feb FAMA mag and was interested.  But ill let you know when the order date, Probably make it close to the meeting so as to not travel so far for a pack of food!!

Mike

Sounds good.  Eric gave this product a big thumbs up.  He said it is a little big for some corals, but eaten by most.  Would fit nicely in food size IMO.  Sure I can split a block with Glenn.  I can start putting it into my mix food for others as well.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

Any update on this?  I will order some myself for those around me if you don't plan to order it.

Michael

Guest andrejka

My "take" on this grew to a half a block :)

Actually, I also thought about ordering it myself too.

Super good news on this.  I sent an inquiry yesterday on shipping.  It is super cheap, as we are close to them relatively speaking (guess everything isn't out in CA).  It is $5.50 to ship a 1.6 lb block of the cyclopeeze with a 5.5 lb block of mysis shrimp.  Could throw in a second block of the cyclopeeze for not much more.

Who around me wants in?  I will have it shipped to my work and store it in our walk in freezer.  I will bring it home on dry ice any you can pack it that way to take it back after we chop it up.  I don't have a lot of extra freezer space at home, so I would want it picked up soon after it arrives.  Let me know, will likely order on Monday.

Michael

Yes I was going to order it, but closer to the meeting so it could have been dispersed. But by all means go ahead and order it for that cheap shipping. I didnt know they have 5lbs of mysis, ill have to get some of those as well.

Mike

If you click the link for frozen foods, you will see the other good stuff they have to offer.  All are pretty big amounts!  I did ask about smaller packaging and they said that is the smallest sizes available for individual sale- guess they can pack specifically for stores, but do so on an individual basis.  Nice thing is though with ordering different foods is you still get the multiple discount.

Guest snapper
I'm in for scraps.  LMK who settles on buying and is in NVA.  I'd like to give it a try in home made food.

Guest andrejka

Michael,

Why don't we order for everyone, and I keep what can't be taken upon arrival in my freezer here at NIH (got some space) until the meeting? Then we'll have just to swing by my lab before the meeting to pick up staff for NoVA folks.

That sounds reasonable, as I have some stuff in the cold room for the meetings raffle that I will need to pick up.  I will get in touch with you monday morning about placing the order.

As of now I think 3 packs of the cyclopeeze and 1 pack of the mysis shrimp should cover those who are interested.

Guest andrejka

I think it has to be at least 3 blocks of the cyclopeeze:

KABALA - 1-2 (?) packs (you said "a few packs", can you specify?)

Michael - half a block

ReefMon - half a block

Andrejka - half a block

Snapper - half a block (?) (can you specify "scraps"?)

Sph2sail - half a block

If we add up to 4 blocks, we get discount from $32.75/block to $25.75/block (not that I care much about this difference).

Guest andrejka
Ooops, I was writing the post while you were editing yours (read my mind?). :)

The block of frozen mysis shrimp will count towards getting the discount.  You can mix them up.  Looks good.

Ok I would like a full block of the cyclopeeze and a 4lber of the mysis if you are going to order it Michael.

Also, sorry for the delay, but do you still have the LR available? Let me know when is best to pick it up.

Thanks

Mike

Mike- the rock was picked up with the tank.  I needed to get it out of the house.  I will get the order for everything in this week.  For those who don't mind the drive, you can come over and pick it up, else Andrey and I will bring it with us to the meeting.

Michael

Going to call in the order today.

I have the following

4 blocks of cyclopeeze (1 kabala, 1/2 each for Glen Steve Eric and Andrey, 1/2-1 block for me(1/2 up for grabs if someone else wants it, else I will keep  the whole block).  2 blocks of mysis shrimp (1/3 each for glenn steve and myself, and 1 whole block for kabala).

Estimated $$$ (shipping will be added on, but should'nt be more than $2-3 each)

Kabala $50.50

Glenn and Steve  $21.00

Eric and Andrey $13.00

Michael $34.00

Andrey and I will divide it all up, re-pack and bring to the meeting on Dry Ice (with extra for you to pack it up to take it home).

All in agreement?