Siphonophore: Deep-sea superorganism (video)

This is also posted on the things i wouldn't like to meet 10 feet tall thread, cazy looking creature

Edited by jason the filter freak

Okay, so now I can really add another reason to NOT scuba, another thing to have nightmares about and another animal ? to ask God about when I get to heaven- WOWW!! For what reason did He create THAT?! That thing is so wierdly awesome!

The creatures on this planet never cease to amaze me. That is definitely one of the craziest animals I've ever seen. Right out of a science fiction movie. Wonder if Copps can get me one? Seems as though he can get just about anything in the sea. I've been looking to setup a species tank too :eek:

I love to sit around and watch Blue Planet The Deep and Planet Earth. When you start to look at the numbers we know more about space than we know about the bottom of the ocean. It's amazing the things we continue to find in these environments.

Extremophiles are AWESOME!

Okay, so now I can really add another reason to NOT scuba, another thing to have nightmares about and another animal ? to ask God about when I get to heaven- WOWW!! For what reason did He create THAT?! That thing is so wierdly awesome!

If you scuba at 770 meters depth you have bigger problems than a stinging monster. I'm more afraid of their cousins, the Portugese Man O' War, which give you a nasty little sting while you're trying to body surf or even jog down the beach.

The creatures on this planet never cease to amaze me. That is definitely one of the craziest animals I've ever seen. Right out of a science fiction movie. Wonder if Copps can get me one? Seems as though he can get just about anything in the sea. I've been looking to setup a species tank too :eek:

Group Buy! :excl: