His sinister look:

gallery_696_11_148425.jpg

gallery_696_11_72239.jpg

gallery_696_11_168542.jpg

He seems to like sitting here.

gallery_696_11_307243.jpg

Tailfeathers like a peacock.

gallery_696_11_90490.jpg

Awww...ain't he cute when he begs for food right after beating the glass?

gallery_696_11_137903.jpg

Edited by extreme_tooth_decay

I came home from work today to find 3 margarita shells scattered around the sand bed. Totally empty.

I guess he unburied them, ate them, and then disposed of the evidence.

It's like he is playing mind games with me. And winning.

:clap:

Hey Tooth,

This is absolutely amazing to watch! Your Mantis needs his own show with you commentating, I could see it now on Animal planet or something. The pic of the buried shell and its angry keeper is classic and I definitely can see him flicking his antennae at you all triumphantly after thwacking you one good time!

I wanted one but I have heard that you couldn't keep a mantis in a glass tank for fear of them cracking it! Is that a different type of Mantis?

I wanted one but I have heard that you couldn't keep a mantis in a glass tank for fear of them cracking it! Is that a different type of Mantis?

Here is a link where we were discussing that: LINK

The short answers are:

Only peacock (which is what mine is) and chiragra are claimed by anyone to have the ability to break glass. Peacocks are common,

chiragras are not. There are many other types of interesting mantis that you could get as well that no one would claim could break

glass.

They need to be greatly antagonized to do it. Even then, it is extremely rare. You have more chance of a random tank leak

or earthquake, etc.

Mine cannot do it (I have antagonized him to the point of striking the glass many times hoping to see him break it). I guess

you would need a much larger peacock. Mine is medium-sized for a peacock.

It is so uncommon, some people believe it is a myth.

I wouldn't give it any consideration if I were you.

tim

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
What is the release date for the next CRUSTACEAN WARS?

I've become disenchanted with youtube after they removed some of my videos without proper justification, so I probably won't be posting any more there.

I need to find someone willing to host the videos. This will be better for all since people will then be able to download the full quality videos, which are way better than what I can get youtube to provide anyhow.

tim