Need titanium heater recommendations

stevearlen

I've had too many heater issues so I've moving off of the Wan Brothers stuff (except for the 40 gal I use to store conditioned salt water.)

My 100 gal tank now has a Ranco controller with an old Wan Brothers titanium heater. I'm planning to get an AC III and some new titanium heaters.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Edited by stevearlen

I've had Won's fritz on me more than others. Some will swear by them. Finnex, personally, seem like solid heaters. My favorites are the Visitherm Stealth heaters. I use multiple heaters so than any one heater will not jam on high and boil my tank out of existence! My two cents is to spread the risk by having multiple heaters where any one cannot increase your tank temperature so much that your tank fries.

Nadir

I have (5) 500w finnex heaters sitting in my garage that all failed within 1 month out of the box. Used them on ranco controllers and an AC3/DC4. Don't waste your money on finnex garbage.

I'd love to hear of a reliable titanium heater. Just a heating element is all I ask for, I'll worry about the control system.

I'd love to hear of a reliable titanium heater. Just a heating element is all I ask for, I'll worry about the control system.

Justin,

Why titanium? versus say encased heater like the Visitherm Stealth (knock on wood, I have eight which have not had any failures yet). I'm not a fan of glass heaters.

Nadir

Edited by www.fishnreef.com

Im sure better than WON Bros!! I would love to hear other suggsetions too then...

John

I have a WON 200w from 5 years ago when I had the 72 and then left it unused till recently. Plugged it in and it's still cranking.

I have (5) 500w finnex heaters sitting in my garage that all failed within 1 month out of the box. Used them on ranco controllers and an AC3/DC4. Don't waste your money on finnex garbage.

I have a Finnex 500w with Ranco controller for last 18 months in my 265 gal. Have'nt had any problems (Knocking on wood).

Edited by lhcorals

I have a 1000w Aquamedic titanium on my 600 g system. I believe the 1000w version is no longer available but I think lesser wattages are still available.

George

Champion lighting offers the blueline heating elements which are supposed to be the same as the old aqua medic. haven't used them yet though.

Sean