Talk about great customer service

CHUBAKAH

So I sent off a letter to AWI the other day and explained my situation:

To Whom It May Concern:

I purchased a TYPHOON III AQUARIUM RO DI 75 or 100 GPD from you a while back, and I have not made 0 TDS since the purchase.

I have the feeling it could be because of my situation. The water coming in tom my home TDS is 433. I am then going to a water softener which is increasing the TDS to 538. It then goes to a whole house sediment filter I installed which has a carbon filter in it, and then in to your system. The lowest I have seen was around 7 which was about four months ago when I finally installed the system, and currently it is around 19, which is unacceptable for keeping a reef system.

I guess my question is, is there something else I should install, or should your system be keeping the water at zero for a period of time?

FYI, I am with the WAMAS organization in the Washington DC area.

Thanks in advance for response,

Best regards,

Mark Henderson

Today I receive a letter:

st1\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#ieooui) }

Hello Mark, We will send out a replacement DI cartridge to you for troubleshooting. The DI should reduce the TDS down to zero for a while at least. Is the address below where you want us to ship the new DI? Regards, Don

I was really only wanting to get some advice, but wow.

Hats off to you guys!

Let me explain why we're doing this.

The DI should remove all of the TDS from the water, even if it's for a short time. You can put tap water through the DI and get zero TDS (though the DI will exhaust rapidly).

Since the DI has not done its job since the beginning; it sounds like the resin was bad to start off with. This is why we're replacing the DI for free. :)

Regards,

Air, Water & Ice staff

Well it is very much appreciated. I'll post a follow up after I receive the new DI with my results.

Thanks again guys!

Just wanted to follow up,

I received the new cartridge on Monday, and installed it last night. After running it to make about 20 gallons or so I checked the TDS, and I am happy to say that for the first time I am at Zero TDS.

Just wanted to publicly thank AWI again for the fantastic customer service, and speedy service.

You guys are second to none!

Much appreciated!

Merry Christmas,

Mark

This just follows a trend...

I've heard nothing but good things about AWI, and my own customer support from them has always been superb!

bob