SPS Pest - Looking for information

SeanCallan

Hey y'all

Anyone happen to have a good link that lays out what critters prey on SPS corals? Something that provides a ton of information and pictures? I've been doing some google searches but I know there has to be something better out there.

I noticed a small black star fish (4-5mm) that happens to be sitting on a little frag piece on the rock I've got. Want to know if I need to pluck him out and sacrifice him to the SPS Gods or whether hes good to go?

NO I cannot take a picture, my iphone is not that cool.

search on wamas forum under Rik/leishman and red bug. I think either early this year or sometime last year, Rik had to battle a round of red bugs and he did lots of research, discussion and posted info. on here to share knowledge with everybody.

No need to go too far. Wamas search will be your best friend to start off.

search on wamas forum under Rik/leishman and red bug. I think either early this year or sometime last year, Rik had to battle a round of red bugs and he did lots of research, discussion and posted info. on here to share knowledge with everybody.

No need to go too far. Wamas search will be your best friend to start off.

LOL, like on this very forum, pinned thread tiled Dips and Cures... ;)

LOL, like on this very forum, pinned thread tiled Dips and Cures... ;)

Yup, just like that but thankfully I already looked there and when compared to the pinned on RC the WAMAS one is missing a number of pests.

So I'm hoping that someone has a link to the ENTIRE list of pests, not just common ones, that may not have been shared.

I have read before that the grey/black ones are harmless, but I think I saw one of them on a head of my micromussa and when I plucked it off, the head was no longer there or it died.