Anem Question... what gives?

Recently got an RBTA pretty big one and with in an hour of putting it in the tank it went and attached it's self under a rock. So I very very carefully worked it off and attached it to another rock. Later I find it attached under another rock this time putting its tentacles into an MJ mod. So I spent 40 minutes gently caressing it off that rock and giving it a nice rock with a big hole and moderate-low flow and today it's flipped itself under again. It was in the proscess of splitting last night but I can't tell now... what gives. I don't want to keep destroying my rock work. Will it just come back out on it's own?

The anem had similar lighting in both tanks a mix of t5's and VHO's

you risk stressing your anemone if you keep removing it from the rock or moving it around. It will decide where it wants to be and there's little you can do about it.

IME, BTAs like to attach their foot under rock or in a crevice where they feel safe and can retreat if needed. When it becomes comfortable with its new environment, it will reach out from under and into the light. You just have to give it time.

You need to relax and let it be so it can get used to the new environemnt and adapt. It will find a place it likes and settle down. They like to have the foot in the dark, usually under or between rocks. Moving it only makes it more unhappy and can damage it. Power heads are usually not recommended in a tank with anemones as they will eventually end up in it.

]Moving it only makes it more unhappy and can damage it. Power heads are usually not recommended in a tank with anemones as they will eventually end up in it.

How does one have a tank with out power heads?

Lol. Jason, just leave it alone. You might need to move your powerhead somewhere else until the anemone gets situated. It'll find a spot. Then you have to move whatever's near it to keep from being stung.

Kind of funny, but my RBTA stays right in the flow of my closed loop. Hasn't moved since moving in front of it in like 3 months.

I agree with the other though. Let him be

Powerheads are not the end all to circulation! I don't have a single on in my system and there are other ways of getting around having them. You can plumb strange returns, closed loops, surge devices, etc. that will help you avoid having powerheads in your tank.

Jumping on your post here......

I just got a flowerseller RBT.... He has moved quite a bit, from near top of tank to a depth of about 20" he has elongated and looks like he is reaching for more light. Why he just dosent move up is beyond me. My question is however; where he has attached is the back side of my rock work and is nowhere near where I can feed him. I have decided to just leave him alone and hopefully he will cooperate so both he and I feel better. I absoultly refuse to dismantle my reef structure to a creature who will probably move again just to spite me! LOL Any suggestions for feeding him since I cant seem to target feed him? How long can he go without direct/target feeding?

Jumping on your post here......

I just got a flowerseller RBT.... He has moved quite a bit, from near top of tank to a depth of about 20" he has elongated and looks like he is reaching for more light. Why he just dosent move up is beyond me. My question is however; where he has attached is the back side of my rock work and is nowhere near where I can feed him. I have decided to just leave him alone and hopefully he will cooperate so both he and I feel better. I absoultly refuse to dismantle my reef structure to a creature who will probably move again just to spite me! LOL Any suggestions for feeding him since I cant seem to target feed him? How long can he go without direct/target feeding?

I never direct feed my anems ( I have a LTA, GBTA and RBTA). They seem happy, grow fast and split (except for LTA which just grow). So- do not worry. It will be fine. My anems do not move much after they found their spots.

My personal BTA i wish I could get it to shrink.... it's just under 18" it stretches more everyday... this is hers. I shut down her power heads near it. Mind you these aren't regular power heads they're maxi mods, so they could perhaps shred the tentacles a little but won't blender an anem like open MJs can. Closed loop on this tank failed sooo power heads it is.