Eeek! Need epoxy recommendation, quick!

MisterTang

With the fantastic sales going on the last few weeks, I've acquired a couple of nice pieces... unfortunately, I found out that my gigantic frogspawn colony was reaching a bit further than I could see on the back side, and touching one of them. Ugh... not good.

So far, I've used all-natural placement for my corals, but it's now impossible to do with my new pieces. They're sitting on the sand tonight, but need to be higher up. I need epoxy recommendations - preferably something non-toxic to marine life that will work underwater, as I can't necessarily pull the large pieces of rock out.

HELLLLP!

I use aquamend from HomeDepot. $4 a stick and I've never had problems. It isn't the tackiest epoxy, but if you build up a good base it works just fine.

Garrett.

Can't find aquamend around my way but thats what I'd recommend... for the love of god don't use the stuff by Oately (Clear rube red cap black and white instructions grey white epoxy)

Can't find aquamend around my way but thats what I'd recommend... for the love of god don't use the stuff by Oately (Clear rube red cap black and white instructions grey white epoxy)

:eek: Thanks for the tip. I have seen this at all the major LFS'es, and was wondering if it was "that good."

The epoxy will need to hold a moderately heavy (~3 lb) piece of coral at about a 70 degree angle. The coral is shaped like a tree, so the rock base is skinnier than the top. Do you think this AquaMend stuff is up to the task?

:eek: Thanks for the tip. I have seen this at all the major LFS'es, and was wondering if it was "that good."

The epoxy will need to hold a moderately heavy (~3 lb) piece of coral at about a 70 degree angle. The coral is shaped like a tree, so the rock base is skinnier than the top. Do you think this AquaMend stuff is up to the task?

Depends on the surface you're gluing it to. A flat surface and I'd say there is nothing out there that can help you. If it's pretty craggy and you can kinda jam it a bit in there you MAY be ok. Thats a pretty big piece to be gluing at that angle. IMPORTANT NOTE: For the most part you're gluing with superglue and using the expoxy to fill in gaps and create a base to glue to.

Somethimes Home Depot has it and sometimes they don't. Lowes doesn't usually have it when I go there, but they used to. I don't know if it's just selling out fast or if they aren't ordering it.

If you want to stop by this evening, I can give you a piece of the stuff I used to glue your frag the other day.

You have my cell I believe.

Mark