Sean's 80 Custom SPS Cube

Why do you need calcium higher than 375? You don't have a tank full of SPS. Alk seems fine too.

Well the tank is only SPS and now that I'm running the Prodibio system I'm hoping to see some good growth. I'm not worried about my numbers staying higher than 375 but rather the ability to maintain the levels of Ca, Mg, and Alk necessary to see the good growth.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:excl:

xscuseless.gif

:biggrin:

I know I know, they're coming.

Today was the start of my second week on Prodibio. Dosed 1 vial of Reef Booster and 1 vial Stronti.

Seeing the little bit of algae in the display browning and starting to fall apart.

tank1_010709.png

tank2_010709.png

tank3_010709.png

I'm on my second week of Prodibio and I'm seeing good results but I decided to kick it up a notch. I had a little bit of algae left (visible in one picture) that I could not get rid of so starting 01/06 I started dosing VSV (1/2 teaspoon) a day. Today (01/08) the algae has almost entirely withered away.

This weekend will be my third dosing of Prodibio and I will also start using Zeovit Sponge Power, Brightwell Amino Acids, Brightwell Marine Snow, and potentially Brightwell KoralColor.

There is one new addition to the tank a Red-spotted Sandperch.

(edited)
There is something familiar about that rock......can't seem to place it though.

How about a nice full tank shot?

Not sure what you're referring to. I handcrafted these rocks from sand and love. :lol:

I only have my cell phone camera, I'll try again night, but it's usually really washed out and the reflections are bad. I need to dig up my old digital camera.

I'll take one tonight after I make my new additions :clap:

Edited by SeanCallan

Friday I picked up my ORAs, an additional emerald, and a harlequin from Sean @ AquaCo. The ORAs are amazing!

I also started dosing Brightwell's Amino Acids and KoralColor on Friday. The dosing suggestion for the AA is kind of ridiculous. It recommends you do 2-3 drops next to each coral. I don't have the time for that kind of targeting. I'm hoping someone can suggest a overall dosage amount that I can mix and dose the tank with.

I'm hoping someone can suggest a overall dosage amount that I can mix and dose the tank with.

Broadcast feeding is 1ML per 50 gallons in a fast flow area per day for the first 4 weeks.

Or

Instructions and Guidelines

Shake product well before using. Turn protein skimmer and other forms of mechanical filtration off prior to adding CoralAminō to aquaria, and allow 10 - 15 minutes after use before resuming operation of filtration.

Target Feeding (recommended): Pour 1 ml (~20 drops) into a small container and suck a portion into feeding device, then slowly discharge contents 2 - 4

Edited by CHUBAKAH

• 1 month later...

Any updates on this system?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Lets see some updated pics of that bad boy :)

Hey Guys!

I'm sorry about not updating but expect some big things soon. I just relocated and I'll be setting up my new tank this week. I'm replacing the Tunze skimmer with a Royal-Exclusiv Alpha 200 Cone most likely and I'll be removing the dart pump for 2 EcoTech 20s.

Probably getting rid of the 250w for t5s as well but that will be down the road.

I PROMISE to update the thread as soon as I get the new tank running

Well I'll be delaying putting up my new tank completely for some time now. The move was apparently more stressful than I had imagined and resulted in a crash :|

While I wait to order my new skimmer and consider T5s I'm going to bake my rocks and start fresh.

:(

Well I'll be delaying putting up my new tank completely for some time now. The move was apparently more stressful than I had imagined and resulted in a crash :|

While I wait to order my new skimmer and consider T5s I'm going to bake my rocks and start fresh.

:(

Sorry to hear about the crash. Did anything survive? Hope everything turns out okay.

Sorry to hear about the crash. Did anything survive? Hope everything turns out okay.

+1 !!!!! :eek:

I just did some quick searches on factors of evaporation and heat and surface area are two of the larger contributing factors. Air concentration is another one which would result from blowing air across the surface of the tank, back-to-front, etc.

My plan isn't to blow air across the water but rather at an angle slightly greater than 45 to cool the water. The objective is to cool the first 2-3 inches of the water column at a constant rate to inhibit evaporation.

Edit: I'm not trying to prevent evaporation 100%, I know that's not possible, but I would like to decrease it to the best of my abilities.

I know this is really late, but I just read through the whole thread again and saw this. A pretty easy and fast way to understand this is to take a SMALL drop of water and put it on a hard surface, then spread it around so it is as thinly spread as possible. Do this again somewhere else with another drop. Then blow one of the drops until it has evaporated. Go back and look at the one you didn't blow on and it will still be there. Doing this with alcohol is essentially the same experiment however goes a lot faster...

Sorry for any losses,

Sam