Simple question. Coral banded shrimp...

Amuze

Will a coral banded shrimp attack other ornamental shrimp? I'm thinking about breaking down my nano and putting him in the larger tank. Will they pick at anenomes?

Edited by audible

I also have a harlequin shrimp I'm worried about. All it does is sit on a starfish and eat day and night... I guess the coral banded shrimp would lose that fight though should it choose to start one.

Since were talking about coral bands, when i got mine his claw arms fell off, will they grow back..? It seems to be fine, it eats like a champ and is very active, just wondering if they will come back..

I did have a Coral Banded that would stalk my peppermints and cleaner shrimps. The cleaners were never caught, but I definitely noticed a decrease in my peppermint population. I won't ever put one in my tank again. I'd much rather have the cleaning aspect of the cleaner shrimp and the aptasia-busting power of the peppermints. If your tank is big enough, I'm sure if you have a large enough tank, you could be successful though.

Since were talking about coral bands, when i got mine his claw arms fell off, will they grow back..? It seems to be fine, it eats like a champ and is very active, just wondering if they will come back..

Yep. Its quite amazing to watch. It becomes a long nub, and then grows the entire appendage back! Coral bandeds tend to be slow and lumbering, so he never could catch up to my skunk to bother him. He was huge too.

I think I'm going to just throw him in tomorrow and see how he does. He's big enough to catch easily and pull out of the tank.

Thats good to know, thanks..!! Yeah i have peppermints in there too, but the banded doesnt bother them at all... He is kinda slow compared to them.. How long does it take to grow them back..? Also, do peppermints attack snails..? i saw mine picking at a nassarius snail, but maybe it was a dead one or something..

My CBS killed my peppermints, blood reds, and skunk cleaners. He also would not tolerate arrow crabs. I have not seen them distrub snails. He was big, and lasted for about 4 years. I was glad he passed on, not I can have all the other shrimps in my tank.

In my last tank i had a Coral banded, skunk and a Blood fire and no one bothered each other.. But you know how it is, every tank and every specimen can be different... as of now the cb and pepps dont even acknowledge each other, we'll see how that goes.. Do you think my CB could be less aggressive due to the fact that he is clawless..?