Fish stock?

Mopar32985

I would like eveyones opinion on what fish i should add to my 40 gallon reef. As of now i have a false clown, yellow headed jaw, Map angel, and a pair of coral banded shrimp. I am having a hard time deciding on my next fish considering it will probably be the last i add to this tank.

I am looking for a fish that wont be hiding alot, and add some more movement and color to the tank. Also i would like to pick a fish that would be beneficial in some way. Would love to here your guys recommendations.

Thanks,

Chance

What kind of corals do you have?

I would consider getting a fish that is a good grazer, like a small foxface or a small yellow tang. You may have to trade out the tang as it grows larger though.

Jon

I was thinking about a tank because ti does fit everything im looking for, but am a little worried that i wount be able to keep him long.

As for corals i have softies, LPS, and a few SPS if you need specific name just let me know

You might think about a grazing blenny, like a starry or red-spotted, as an alternative to the tang/foxface. Plenty of personality.

Im going to have to look them up to see what they look like thanks for the suggestion

looked them both up kinda like the starry

Edited by Mopar32985

make a wrase of yourself get a six line or larger more colorful wrasse

I do like the six line wrase almost bought it a few times they also have a 12 line at the LFS that looks nice too

Did you mean 400 gallon reef, not 40 gallon?

Lets see, map angel reaches 20 inches

CBS - 2 inches each

Jawfish - 4 to 5 inches

false clown (perc?) - 3-4 inches?

That's about 30 inches of fish already. I'd say you're ahead of the game and should stop. I wouldn't add anything more. I would DEFINITELY NOT add a tang. They need much more room.

If you really must add another fish, I would stick with smaller gobies or blennies (maybe a yellow clown goby).

Just my two cents.

Edit: you probably already figured this but the map and jawfish will likely have to be sold if/when they get too big for the 40g.

Edited by Sharkb8