Dang...clownfish and tail spot blenny..venom????

All has been well since i got the tank raised false percula and tail spot blenny last Sunday (less than a week ago)...then yesterday i was watching them and taking photos and the blenny ATTACKED my baby clown and 'shook' it in her mouth...I was HORRIFIED!! I have read that some blennies have some kind of venom and now today the clown has been lethargic...not eating and has a white piece of what looks like skin on the bottom of her lip and her mouth seems more open...I am going to FLIP if she's doomed to die. I got them from an extremely reputable and trusted vendor. They have both been getting the pellets that have antiparasitic properties (name espapes me right now) and i have gone through the extra effort of mixing and grinding up every food group that i have read will help them be strong and thrive...the clown was FINE till that 'attack' and i have not seen anymore attacks since that one..but MAN...i can't believe this...i have been at this hobby for over 5 years and i research everything till i am blue in the face...i take it very personally and won't even 'kill' my GSP when they get out of control..anyway..i digress..i know you are all at the party over at Sean's (wish i was there) so nobody will probably see this..but what do i do??? Or maybe i just need some support...i don't want this little clow to die from some wierd blenny venom!!!

Thanks for reading if you got this far!~

I see a clown crossed off on your sig line. Is it already dead? I was under the impression that only some blennies have venom. I don't know about the tail spot. Needless to say it's not unusual for a fish to be stressed out after being bitten. I'm having similar issues with my lion he hasn't eaten in almost two weeks. Don't freak out with the clown if it's still alive. If the blenny is still ok QT it not the clown, leave the clown in it's normal enviroment to be less stressed. I can this this will do two things. One avoiding moving the clown will allow it to be less stressed by staying in it's usual enviroment. Second if the clown makes it when you put the blenny back... if you do the clown will now have a chance to be established when the blenny comes back.

Thank you for your reply...clown is still alive...i couldn't find anything on the ts blenny and venom so hopefully clown is just stressed...she LOVES the blenny and follows her all around the tank like a puppy...i was so shocked when the blenny attacked.....i peeked at them a little while ago with a flashlight (since it's lights out!) and clown is swimming normally and in her cave under the hairy green mushroom and blenny is under the galaxea in her little nook...hopefully tomorrow clown will perk up a bit.

I like the idea of taking out the blenny and if things don't look better in the morning, i will do that.

Thanks again!

seems to me its a territory thing. i had a redlip blenny that used to nail my sailfin when it swam by and it was like ~8 times the blennys' size!! the pseudochromis i had didnt even mess with it and it messed with everything.

Wow, Gary...so much for 'peaceful' blennies lol! That's some scary avatar you have there btw )

thanks!! its part of the dark night movie posters. hope its not too scary for me to have to take it down. everyone else had the joker's face i wanted something a little "different." if you havent seen the dark night yet...amazing performance by heath ledger!

Now you got me thinking, my Clowns are in danger. But to be honest I don't think a Lawn Mower Blenny is much of a danger.......Or is it?

Edited by reefmontalvo

Now you got me thinking, my Clowns are in danger. But to be honest I don't think a Lawn Mower Blenny is much of a danger.......Or is it?

i have never seen my lawn mower blenny go after anything. just the glass.