Lemonpeel Angel experiences?

MisterTang

So I saw the most awesome Lemonpeel Angel today at AquaCo. I had seen pictures before, but photos don't do this fish justice. Anyway, I have read that they're polyp-nippers... but only sometimes. Has anyone kept one of these in a tank with corals before? I really like the looks of them, but don't want to doom all the nice corals I picked up at FragFest :biggrin:

i have had one...what a coral nipping menace it was. pretty fish...but should be kept with fish only IMO. mike henley got mine, and i still think its a nipper.

So I saw the most awesome Lemonpeel Angel today at AquaCo. I had seen pictures before, but photos don't do this fish justice. Anyway, I have read that they're polyp-nippers... but only sometimes. Has anyone kept one of these in a tank with corals before? I really like the looks of them, but don't want to doom all the nice corals I picked up at FragFest :biggrin:

I saw him first! Stay away!

lol

That fish is simply amazing though.

I think all the little angles nip, or at least that has been my experience. I've seen more damage from blennys TBH.

They are one of my favorite fish...but, the one I had in my last tank DID nip my corals. I watched her do it many times. I finally had to catch her (not easy) and take her back to the LFS. Very sad because she was beautiful to watch (when not eating my coral).

MC

What kinds do they nip at? If they just go for SPS, I think I could forego them, as I'm not really sold (yet) on 'em, and only have a couple of frag branches I could pass along... but if they also sample zoanthids, LPS, ricordeas or softies, I guess I'll have to stick to something else :(

I saw him first! Stay away!

lol

That fish is simply amazing though.

I think all the little angles nip, or at least that has been my experience. I've seen more damage from blennys TBH.

Have heard this too, but also that the Flame is less apt to nip.

My first and only Lemon Peel murdered my juvenile Hippo tang as soon as it entered my tank. I'd only keep them in a semi-agressive or aggressive tank. I didn't have any coral at the time.

I have a coral beauty that I've never seen do any damage to my coral.

What kinds do they nip at? If they just go for SPS, I think I could forego them, as I'm not really sold (yet) on 'em, and only have a couple of frag branches I could pass along... but if they also sample zoanthids, LPS, ricordeas or softies, I guess I'll have to stick to something else :(

Have heard this too, but also that the Flame is less apt to nip.

so far alls i seen it nip in my tank was digi frags. but cannot speak for the new owner. i had also in the same tank a flame and a coral beauty. they only nipped at eithre the dead tissue or the algae were the tissue used to be...i took the lemon peel out and they stopped nipping.

just my experience tho.

• 8 months later...
so far alls i seen it nip in my tank was digi frags. but cannot speak for the new owner. i had also in the same tank a flame and a coral beauty. they only nipped at eithre the dead tissue or the algae were the tissue used to be...i took the lemon peel out and they stopped nipping.

just my experience tho.

I know this is an old post but I have a lemon peel angel. She is quite nice, named her Mimi from Drew Carry Show. Haha. I have a few SPS, mushrooms, star polyps and she seems to leave all of them alone. It may have been a coincidence but once I added her, my aptasias were all gone. She likes to nibble on the rocks and but I have not seen her nibble on my SPS. I feed often because I have a blue hippo I want to keep healthy. I have a damsel and a hawkfish and the angel seems to get into it with them but no physical contract. Hope that helps.

I have one in a frag tank with SPS, LPS and zoos and its a model citizen