2" ID tubing source ...

genvmunix

I'm in the process of working through the plumbing on my new tank and am thinking of replacing the 2" flex PVC overflow pipes with 2" ID tubing made of something really flexible. I need more flex than the PVC can offer to come around from the side of the tank to the back (This is Howard's old tank which was originally designed to be viewed from 3 sides). Any suggestions on what to use and where to go look locally for the tubing? I've checked home depot/lowes online and the website makes it look like they dont carry anything like what I think I want. Also, I've been assuming that I'm just looking for something food grade or can I use other non food types of hoses?

Thanks!

Karl

(edited)

I usually buy 'specialty' plumbing on-line from Mcmaster-carr. Great selection, and it arrives from NJ faster than I can get to HD. just an option.

Edited by davidm

Its called "Karl cant use a tape measure properly" and 2" bulkheads != 2" overflow hose. It turns out I really needed 1.5" tubing which I found at home depot after having obtained the 2" hose and slid it directly over all the bulkhead fittings.

Anyone need any 2" tubing before I send it back? I have about 10' of it.

Karl

I usually buy 'specialty' plumbing on-line from Mcmaster-carr. Great selection, and it arrives from NJ faster than I can get to HD. just an option.

I can second that about McMaster-Carr, great source for just about anything.