MrT's 72 gallon 'budget' reef build

Wow, the photography is much improved. I think the coral you are wanting an ID on is a pagoda.

How about a FTS, or Full Tank Shot.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the photography is much improved. I think the coral you are wanting an ID on is a pagoda.

How about a FTS, or Full Tank Shot.

FTS is hard with a bowfront. If you take a full-on shot, the stuff on the periphery is waa-a-a-ay bent out of shape. I took 40 FTS last night and didn't like a single one of them.

Also, this means I need to come back over to take more photos :)

Also, this means I need to come back over to take more photos :)

Home all weekend.

:biggrin:

I got a discarded piece of galaxia too but it didn't grow quite that well. You're tank is looking quite well! Do the dart gobies stay out in open often?

Yes, but they're scissortails, not darts. I have three of them. They all hang out together at the very top of the tank. Actually, the only time they go in the rocks is to sleep. They are incredibly active.

Sorry for some reason I thought the name for those fish was something like Scissortail Dartfish. What is the name of those fast growing zoos you have?

"MisterTang's Amazing And Awesome Zoanthids." Hey, if Tubbs can do it, so can I.

Honestly, they were a $5 special at AquaCo. What a steal!

• 1 month later...

Tonight was not a good night for pictures. It seems like every step I take forward in photography, I take two steps back. :blush:

I wanted to take some "after the tank nuke" shots. I recently lost my prized ORA clam, my skunk cleaner "Stinky", and one of my three scissortail gobies, as well as a colony of Xenia.

Paly colony, not quite as big as it used to be...

DSC_0506.jpg

... but the GSP has just exploded. DaveS warned me about this! Also, new Cherub Angel "Cher".

DSC_0567.jpg

My new Cardinal, "Carl", who I picked up at AquaCo today.

DSC_0590.jpg

My first official venture into SPS is this colony I've been eying at AquaCo for the last three weeks:

DSC_0618.jpg

FragFest Finger Leather:

DSC_0647.jpg

Fat n' happy Manny the Mandarin! I've had him about four months now, so I think I'm passed the "will he make it" stage.

DSC_0638.jpg

Duncan - it has just recently sprouted three babies. I was starting to wonder if it EVER would... it has just been growing bigger, but not reproducing (to my dismay)

DSC_0574.jpg

My Rock Flower anemone. Sometimes he looks like he's going to split, but then changes his mind and flattens out. I kinda wish he wasn't in there sometimes... the stings really burn me for some reason.

DSC_0646-1.jpg

Edited by MisterTang