My Dwarf Fuzzy Lionfish seems to be doing great.

I can not get a good picture of him, so I found one on the internet. The only problem with that picture is that the one I have has blue eyes, so I did a little photoshop work on the eyes & this is what ya get. This looks like the one I have.

gallery_2631396_317_1063708.jpg

I have been adding 12 ghost shrimp every week & he seems to be healthy. I have tried feeding him bits of silversides & even whole ones, but he shys away. He likes to hide in all the rock I have. When he comes out to feed & opens up is fins, it is quite a site to see. I just hope that what I am feeding him will keep him healthy. :why:

Do you have this guy in a new tank, or your reef?

Do you have this guy in a new tank, or your reef?

He is in my reef tank. He luvs the rocks & hiding places & gets along great with the other inhabitants which does not include things he will eat. :biggrin:

Dude just don't get stunge its a long way to the hospital to get poiusnoius venom out!

I had a zebra dwarf before my tank crash & he nailed me once with three of his spines. It felt like three bee stings & had the same reaction. I don't believe they are a big deal unless you are alergic to them. I did pull my hand out of the tank the fastest I've ever done before. I was moving a coral & did not see him, it was self defense on his part. :biggrin:

(edited)

I still haven't been nailed my volitan lion good stuff! I think I'm going to replace him with a dwarf once he outgrows my tank. Your lion looks fantastic too!

Edited by jason the filter freak

I've been thinking about the prospect of a dwarf, as the LFS in Leesburg just got two in. Do you have any hermits/snails in your tank? I've heard they eat them as snacks...

(edited)
I've been thinking about the prospect of a dwarf, as the LFS in Leesburg just got two in. Do you have any hermits/snails in your tank? I've heard they eat them as snacks...

I do not have any hermits in my tank, but I do have snails. I have not seen him eat the snails, so therefore I am assuming he does not eat snails (correct me if I am wrong). I don't know about the hermits, but I wouldn't trust him with them. Maybe Jason has more experience about this. At this point, he shows no interest in trying to eat anything bigger than a ghost shrimp, like other fish in my tank. When I add the ghost shrimp in my tank, all the fish go crazy & the first fish that gets one is always my hawkfish. It's kinda funny watching the Hawkfish with a ghost shrimp in his long narrow snout. :)

Edited by Highland Reefer