Vortech Flash

Gogats

Does anyone in the Northern VA area have a GEN II vortech that I can flash my gen Is off of...It would be greatly appreciated.

Call some local retailers and see if they have a GEN II on display you can flash it off of.

You should update your location information so people know how close you are to them.

Its only been available for around a month or so, I'm not surprised nobody here has them yet. You should just send it back to ecotech and get the new propeller upgrade. Its supposed to be completely enclosed now and water tight, so that way the inside parts won't degrade. They say its supposed to do away with having to replace that plate inside. Totally worth the $10 in my opinion.

bump to see if anyone has this

I will in a few weeks. I plan on sending my two back in a week or so.

You might consider sending yours back in as well. Its not just for the upgraded software. They have a new inside propeller assembly they are offering for only $10. The new inside piece is completely sealed off from the saltwater, so you won't ever have to replace the inside metal disc. Sounds like a win-win to me. I was not looking forward to replacing those things every so often anyways. I'll gladly spend the shipping and the $10 per pump to upgrade to that.

Those 2 Vortech's, what size is your tank? I'm getting a 120 and debatting if I need 1 or 2.

Can I get by with just 1 for flow (plus the sump return)?

I was going to hook up a closed loop with a OM 4 way I bought from a WAMAS member over a year ago.

Going to have to sell it now to help pay for the Vortech :)

Those 2 Vortech's, what size is your tank? I'm getting a 120 and debatting if I need 1 or 2.

Can I get by with just 1 for flow (plus the sump return)?

I was going to hook up a closed loop with a OM 4 way I bought from a WAMAS member over a year ago.

Going to have to sell it now to help pay for the Vortech :)

I have a 130 Tall Bowfront and I went with two...seemed like a good idea...I run them around 40-60 percent, they move a ton of water together.....they have setteled in nicely and have carved out some great dunes in the sand....very natural looking if you ask me. Anyway if you have the cash i recommend 2.