Playing with new toy Nikon D300

m3fan8ic

I'm sorry to say but for a $1900 camera I'd like to see much better pictures. Don't get me wrong but I hope you didn't waste your money.

Congrats on the new purchase!!! With the new cmos sensor there is definitely a learning curve with this puppy. Hope to see more pics!

DeepBlue, I appreciate your comment.. I didn't say that I am an expert in photography and plus no matter how expert you are in certain things there's always learning curve. If you are concern about this $1900 camera and it's performance I suggest you google it and read all the reviews online. There are so many settings, options in this camera that I am learning as I go. These shots were taken right out of the box with mostly default settings..

m3, I got Chris's old D200 and I agree there is a learning curve. I wonder if your iso setting may be wrong, which may be giving you some of the grainyness? That or the jpeg compression is too high? I'll bet Chris can say for sure.

In any case, keep posting them. I'll post some of mine shortly so everyone can laugh at our newbie pics together.

I don't have Macro lense these were taken with 18-135mm nikon lense. I know ISO need to be corrected, but yea the more I practice the more i'll learn :)

Sid

m3, I got Chris's old D200 and I agree there is a learning curve. I wonder if your iso setting may be wrong, which may be giving you some of the grainyness? That or the jpeg compression is too high? I'll bet Chris can say for sure.

In any case, keep posting them. I'll post some of mine shortly so everyone can laugh at our newbie pics together.

• 2 weeks later...

It took me a LONG time to learn how to do a decent tank photograph... played around with all of the settings and messed around with this and that per advice of others, but just couldn't get it right. I finally found that taking one fully automatic and then switching it to manual and keeping the majority of the settings was the way to go. I get decent pictures, but not to the level of the pros.