my blenny is missing..

tranceFusion

I got a new clam and a bunch of frags over the weekend so I was rearranging my rocks several times.. now my tailspot blenny is gone. He isn't one to hide - he is always out and in the way when i am working in the tank.

I took down all the rocks that I was moving and I don't see him in there. Does it seem like he could be trapped in the rockwork somewhere? Could I have dropped a rock on him and crushed him? Those things don't seem very likely to me.. but I don't know if I should should tear down the tank to look for him. He is my favorite fish that I've owned. He has been fat and happy.. and him and my clownfish are best friends!

I got a new clam and a bunch of frags over the weekend so I was rearranging my rocks several times.. now my tailspot blenny is gone. He isn't one to hide - he is always out and in the way when i am working in the tank.

I took down all the rocks that I was moving and I don't see him in there. Does it seem like he could be trapped in the rockwork somewhere? Could I have dropped a rock on him and crushed him? Those things don't seem very likely to me.. but I don't know if I should should tear down the tank to look for him. He is my favorite fish that I've owned. He has been fat and happy.. and him and my clownfish are best friends!

I hate to say this but did you check the floor? I had a orange spotted blenny that went carpet surfing once when I was moving rocks and corals around. :cry:

I hate to say this but did you check the floor? I had a orange spotted blenny that went carpet surfing once when I was moving rocks and corals around. :cry:

i did but i didn't find him.. though i suspect the dog would have made a snack of him if he did. and I just posted on here yesterday about how my fish never even attempted to jump out of the tank :( way to jinx myself..

Guest Zimzdoodle

I really hope you find your blenny. I was helping moving rocks and fragging one day then ours went missing. He did not come back for a week!

Found out there was a large area in a rock for him to hide.

I was so worried that he died.

So, I will hope for the best and say that he might be hidding. Please keep us posted!

(edited)

have you checked overflows/ filter socks etc? I've found a fish once in the overflow after thinking he was dead for a month.

I thought I lost my clown goby only to find him in the sump section of my tank after being 'missing' for over a week.

Good luck

Edited by onux20

found him! i looked in the bins in the back sump area but i didn't see him before.. well he was back there (its an aquapod so he can just hop over the wall). He was in the bin with the pump in it and it seemed like he had been doing quite a bit of struggling to keep from getting sucked into it. Seems like he will be ok with some rest!

Guest Zimzdoodle

Oh!!! That is great news! Poor little fella. Hope he gets better after the struggle :) So, glad you found him in time! :clap: :clap: :clap: