Major problem Need help tonight if possible

yauger

Hey gang, my MAG 9.5 pump impeller broke on me last night and I couldn't find a replacement today so I figured since I had 2 external pumps in my storage it was time to use them... well upon drilling my 55 gallon tank I found out really quick on why I shouldn't have done that... yes its tempered... so now I have no sump and in need of a 30 or 40 gallon tank to act as my sump... can you help me get one tonight? If you can help me out I will pay you for the tank and give some nice corals for helping me out in such short notice!!! thanks a million

will not be checking so often in WAMAS due to the massive clean up of my 55 that shattered in my tank stand so give me a call

Josh

(edited)

Josh,

As per our conversation, I have a 55 gal available right now, not drilled though. But if you want to try to drill it, it is yours for free. You can call even late, I'll be up tonite till 1 am or so.

JM

home 703-462-8624

PS: Just took the measures of the Brute trash can, it's 20 across by 23 tall. It can be drilled to accomodate a 1 inch bulkhead that I will include.

Edited by JMsAquarium

okay so a late night update...

I called Jeff (NAGA) and he is going to build me a sump and because he is such a nice guy and a supporter of WAMAS he will rush the order to the top of his build list!!! so hopefully I will get it by Tuesday...

As for the tank well I have most of my equipment running in the display for now (heater, hang-on fuge, 6 maxi-jets) the only thing I don't have running is a skimmer but I think I may be okay without it for a couple of days. More than likely I will do a daily water change to ensure I keep the water quality up.

Wish me luck.

Josh

Josh,

You may want to consider increasing aeration by running an airstone or a venturi airline to one of your powerheads. Borneman did measurements of oxygen levels with and without skimmers running, and found that a skimmer contributes greatly to the oxygen level in reef tanks, especially at night.

Jon

sorry to hear that Josh - besides drilling the bottom of the tempered tank, what were you trying to do?

Also, I just pm'ed Jeff about the acrylic for my sump - maybe we can work something out in terms of picking them up if he's able to get it all done at the same time?

Wish I had seen this yesterday - I have a 40-gallon sitting outside you could have. It is 'cracked' on one end, but so far seems to hold water. At least a good temporary solution.

bob