my tank had babies o0?

Lizzie

about 2 days ago i looked into my new 75gal & noticed a lot of little white stringy dots that, sorry, but look like sperm :eek: then i took a closer look & noticed that they look a lot like little newly hatched fish. sorry i attempted to take some pictures, but theyre too small. im actually in the middle of cycling my tank right now so all thats in it is about 30lbs of liverock, about 2-3" of livesand, & 3 airstones, no fishies/inverts. im assuming it came in the liverock :why: because im leaving to hawaii tomorrow (yayyyyy :clap:), i didnt know whether to put the filter in or not, but i decided to put the filter in.

anyone have any suggestions on what should i do before i leave/when i get back? or where/how those hatchlings got in my tank?

(edited)

Probably snail eggs. Good going, if they live, you will have lots of snails cleaning your tank! Leave them in your tank!

Edited by quazi

If they're moving, my guess is they are some sort of worm or possibly mysids. If you can describe them a bit more it might help. I wouldn't necessarily filter them out, though, just keep the water circulating. If they truly are fish, then you've got a hitchiker in there somewhere that is a mouth brooder as I don't think that eggs would last a trip out of water.

sounds like snails to me too:) I had some snails lay a daisy chain of eggs in my tank? but if they are free swimming it couldn't be snails they would be all over the glass anyway good luck keeping them healthy and alive!

i dont think they're snails. they are free swimming and have black eyes. right before i left to hawaii (which is where i am now) i took a peek in the tank after having the filter on for about a day & a 1/2 they all moved to the other side of the tank & they were just twitching around, so not alot were sucked into the filter. i thought they were shrimp babies @ first but then the didnt look like any of the shrimp babies my shrimp have had and they looked very similar to little itty bitty fish so... i dont know. so should i stop the filter?

Sounds cool can you take pictures? I'm extremly happpy to hear about what these things are!

Sounds cool can you take pictures? I'm extremly happpy to hear about what these things are!

apparently im in hawaii right now so im not with my tank. also i did attempt to take pictures of them but they were just too small and fast for me.

Pods maybe?

so pods swim o0?