DI by pass question

jnguyen4007

(edited)

On the DI bypass, which output is the one that should be connected to the drain line? The upper output next to the open and close valve or the bottom one?

Edited by jnguyen4007

On the DI bypass, which output is the one that should be connected to the drain line? The upper output next to the open and close valve or the bottom one?

Don't know exactly how your RO/DI is setup but to bypass the DI(to make filtered drinking water?) you should use the line coming out of the RO membrane that goes into the DI.

Don't know exactly how your RO/DI is setup but to bypass the DI(to make filtered drinking water?) you should use the line coming out of the RO membrane that goes into the DI.

where the output from the membrane that normall goes into the DI, it goes into the input side of the DI bypass. That part I'm aware of. What I wasn't so sure is the output side since there is two output, one on top next to the open/close valve, and one on the bottom that's on the other side of the T valve. I think I set up mine correctly. If I have the DI bypass valve open, then water flows out of the top output. That looks like where it should be connected to the drain valve.

Neither of the valve's two outputs should go to the drain. The only water that should go down the drain is the top outlet on the actual RO housing where the "waste" water comes out.

One valve output should go to the DI, and the other should go to wherever you store your DI bypass water. Remember that the DI bypass water is the good "product" water from the RO membrane. Does that help?

Jon

med_gallery_267_87_22716.jpg

where the output from the membrane that normall goes into the DI, it goes into the input side of the DI bypass. That part I'm aware of. What I wasn't so sure is the output side since there is two output, one on top next to the open/close valve, and one on the bottom that's on the other side of the T valve. I think I set up mine correctly. If I have the DI bypass valve open, then water flows out of the top output. That looks like where it should be connected to the drain valve.

Hello,

On our units, the DI bypass serves two purposes. The first is to bypass the DI and get just RO water (which we have another vavle for that on the line normally - like our Typhoon III). The second is to aid in the flushing of the membrane. This is the top part of the assembly. It goes to the drain line and is installed after the flow restrictor.

I hope this clears some of the confusion up.

Regards,

Air, Water & Ice staff