chalice and monti care

lletellier

I've recently picked up some rarer chalices and montis and I want to know what the ideal placement is for them in my tank. Do they like low flow or high flow, same for lighting? what do you feed your chalices?? any extra advice about keeping them? These are def the most expensive corals in my tank right now and i'd really like them to live :)

TIA

i treat my frags like any other lps. medium flow and medium light. i dont spot feed mine, but i do put cyclopeeze in my tank weekly.

Lance and Brett those are some amazing corals it was a pleasure to just see them hope you get them to thrive lance:)

My chalices have done well with low light at the bottom of the tank. The flow is medium to low. I have enjoyed great growth from all of them with these conditions. Also, try to keep them away from other corals since many of these corals may be very aggressive. I don't spot feed them myself since I am trying to create a low nutrient system. John Yauger

I've recently picked up some rarer chalices and montis and I want to know what the ideal placement is for them in my tank. Do they like low flow or high flow, same for lighting? what do you feed your chalices?? any extra advice about keeping them? These are def the most expensive corals in my tank right now and i'd really like them to live :)

TIA

I keep my chalices fairly low - usually on the sand bed. However, I have found that SOME of them seem to prefer more light. So you kind of need to experiment, or know about that particular coral.

Monti cap's and digi's seem to grow best in the middle third of the tank. Some encrusting, like Sunset monti, and my superman - seem to do best a little higher up (at least for best color).

bob