Chaeto needed.

Thanks Sean,

Where are you located? Hopefully fairly close to me.

(703) 726-1655

43150 Broadlands Center Plz, Ashburn, VA 20148

He's also got some killer corals in right now, as well as some attractive fish!

(edited)

I was hoping for something a little closer than a 2.5 hr round trip. The other post in Springfield is about a 2 hr round trip. :)

Edited by Highland Reefer

I was hoping for something a little closer than a 2.5 hr round trip. The other post in Springfield is about a 2 hr round trip. :)

Cliff, I just gave a huge batch to Guy (amay121). Maybe he could spare some for ya :)

Or if you wait a week or two, Ill have more :)

I live in Gaithersburg and have a large ball of it to give away if you want it. :)

(edited)

I picked up a fist full at Scales the other day. I think the stuff grows pretty quick, so probably will be enough. I appreciate all the offers.

I used a Pepsi barrel for my fuge & have it filled up to about the 40 gallon mark. I used (3) 65 watt equivalent power compact 6500K bulbs from Home Depot on it and have the lights on 24/7 right now.

A brown heavy film (maybe diatoms) had grown quickly on all the walls and sand. I had just wiped it off a couple days ago & lightly stirred the surface of my DSB & turned my skimmer up to real wet to try to collect it. It is now back to where it was. I am assuming since my nitrates have been running at about 10 -15, that this is the normal progression where the algaes & diatoms out compete the macro algae until the nitrate levels drop down to a 0 reading? I plan to continue wiping the film off regularly and skim heavy & hope eventually it will go away & just the macro will grow then. :why:

My main tank looks great, so there does not seem to be an impact on it.

Edited by Highland Reefer