question for you scuba divers

jnguyen4007

I have a Citizen divers watch that I've worn for at least 7 years now. I guess it's been several years since I last played with the rotating bezel. Now that I got around to doing it, it's takes quite a bit of effort and even with a small screw driver to get it to rotate. Is there anything I can do to losen up whatever that is causing the rotating bezel stuck or do I need to send it to Citizen service center?

I have a Citizen divers watch that I've worn for at least 7 years now. I guess it's been several years since I last played with the rotating bezel. Now that I got around to doing it, it's takes quite a bit of effort and even with a small screw driver to get it to rotate. Is there anything I can do to losen up whatever that is causing the rotating bezel stuck or do I need to send it to Citizen service center?

If you haven't turned the bezel for a while it may just have some crud holding it up. Try soaking the watch in some warm water for a while, i guess you could even add some vinegar to the water if you've been dipping the watch in your tank, and then turning the bezel while underwater.

Wreck

I called citizen service center and got my question answered. Apply a minute amount of wd40. If that still doesn't work after a day or so, then send it in.

I called citizen service center and got my question answered. Apply a minute amount of wd40. If that still doesn't work after a day or so, then send it in.

sounds good, but I would probably still soak it for a while to loosen the gunk in the bezel.

doesn't wd40 do a number on seals/gaskets?

There are no orings or seals on the bezel, if Citizen says it's ok it should be ok, just be careful not to get the wd40 in any of the buttons there are rubber orings there.

No, I'm not spraying wd40 on the watch. he showed me how to apply minute amount around between the bezel and the watch body using the head of a sewing needle.