Fish store in Alexandria area

Tee

My friend took me too a fish store in Alexandria area about 4 years ago. I can't look up the address. I was just wondering if anybody know this fish store. They have a big pond with shark. They also sell flower in the alexandria area I think. I am not sure exactly. It's unit fish store since they have a pond with a 4 feet shark. Any idea what this fish store name and location?

Tee

They're at 1009 Allentown Road, Fort Washington, MD 20744.

If you go to Roozens.com they also have driving directions.

Not sure what you're looking for, but we were there on Saturday and left empty-handed, pretty disappointing.

Maureen

Thanks a lot for the info.

Tee

-----------------------------

They're at 1009 Allentown Road, Fort Washington, MD 20744.

If you go to Roozens.com they also have driving directions.

Not sure what you're looking for, but we were there on Saturday and left empty-handed, pretty disappointing.

Maureen

Thanks a lot for the info.

Tee

-----------------------------

Roozens is very hit or miss. They don't currently have a shark in the pond, it's a large barracuda. They also have a couple large angels in those ponds. They get some very interesting fish in, sometimes very rare things and you can get good deals. But you MUST QT anything you get from there - they run heavy copper, and be prepared to baby anything you get. I always go to look around - I have a Semilarvatus Butterfly from there that was $100 - retail from BRK for the same fish was around $180. So you can get a deal, you just have to be sure the fish looks healthy before you buy.

Roozens told me a couple months ago they stopped running copper because they felt like it was doing more harm than good. They even have a couple hundred watts of UV sterilization now, and are even running a large carbon reactor now. They are very hesitant with change, but with so many other stores opening in the area I think they are feeling the squeeze and losing some business, so they have caved in on making some changes. Because they are also a nursery, I don't think you'll ever see the store close.

I agree, they are very hit or miss. Sometimes I go in there and wish I had a couple hundred bucks to drop, but other times I leave very disappointed. I was in there about a week ago and they had several Regal Angels and some other pretty rare stuff. Went back a few days later and everything was gone. I don't think there is a LFS you can't say that about. Sometimes you catch them when they are fully stocked, and sometimes you don't.