Please Help Me Move a Tank!!

UPDATE:

The tank move from Bethesda to Myersville (21773) will take place on Friday 9 May. BTW I am 10 minutes from Mr. Coral.

Unless I have some afternoon help in Myersville I plan to unload and set up the tank Friday night around 7PM. If anyone can help during the afternoon I would rather do it then!!

Jim and Rick are helping me breakdown the tank in Bethsda - time TBD.

====================

Hi everyone,

I am buying Bethesda Jim's 75G set up, fish, rock. stand and everything else.

We are looking to move the tank from Bethesda to Myersville MD (21773) during the day on Wed May 7th or May 8th or May 9th.

The tank has about a 3" live sand bed. Would like to move bed in tank - wet (unless someone has a better idea!)

Coral and fish will be temporarily housed in a 30G and a couple of 10G while the 75G settles.

Provisions will be provided to movers :cheers:

PLEASE HELP!! :wig:

Thanks,

Eric.

Edited by civitan.erichanson

I would recommend moving the sand in 5g buckets. You can put about 40+ lb of sand per bucket. I am sure you can move most of the sand with a couple of buckets. Eliminating the aprox 100lb of sand will make moving the tank way easier, and you avoid accidents such a dropping the tank or breaking it because of uneven pressure.

Just my 2 cents.

I can't make it on those dates, but if things change I will let you know. It can be a bit overwhelming to move the tanks. I moved a 120 with 1 friend and it was tough.

I can give you a hand on the Bethesda end but can't go up to Frederick. I work from home and live right down the street from BethesdaJim, earlier in the day works better for me. PM when you know when you're doing it.

Wreck

Anyone else?

Is anyone available in the evening or on Friday (not sure Jim is available on Friday).

Need at least two more on each end - please!!

I can give you a hand on the Bethesda end but can't go up to Frederick. I work from home and live right down the street from BethesdaJim, earlier in the day works better for me. PM when you know when you're doing it.

Wreck

(edited)

Thanks Rick and Shawn. Does anyone know how to edit the time/date I put in the initial post (the text that shows up on the forum page under the title)?

I may load in the morning, make the run up here, get the live stuff in the waiting tanks and then wait for help in the evening to move the tank and set the rock.

I just want to avoid driving during rush hour.

Thanks,

Eric.

i can help after 1830 on the myersville side. i have to return from work and i commute from 21769 to 20816.

Edited by YBeNormal

Does anyone know how to edit the time/date I put in the initial post (the text that shows up on the forum page under the title)?

i think a mod has to do it.

I would toss the old sand and start again with new.

OR

Remove it all, move tank empty clean the heck out of the stuff and re-use it.

2 men can move a 75g tank easy... even if one of them is my little borther.

Are you volunteering your little brother?? :biggrin:

To clean sand do I run it through salt water? Any danger to the stuff living in the sand?

I would toss the old sand and start again with new.

OR

Remove it all, move tank empty clean the heck out of the stuff and re-use it.

2 men can move a 75g tank easy... even if one of them is my little borther.

Would wash with FW out of a garden hose, rinse untill it runs clear(ish)

Yes. Total death to everything in the sand. Save a few scoops toi re-seed if you wish.

UPDATE:

The tank move from Bethesda to Myersville (21773) will take place on Friday 9 May. BTW I am 10 minutes from Mr. Coral.

Unless I have some afternoon help in Myersville I plan to unload and set up the tank Friday night around 7PM. If anyone can help during the afternoon I would rather do it then!!

====================

Hi everyone,

Provisions will be provided to movers

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks,

Eric.

Just let me know what time you're doing it, the earlier the better for me.

Wreck

UPDATE:

====================

Hi everyone,

Provisions will be provided to movers

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks,

Eric.