Chemi-pure

sen5241b

I've heard many people swear by chemi-pure which is supposedly super carbon. The directions say "rinse lightly". I rinsed it a lot and put it in my tank. The tank clouds up and my filter floss turns black. I change it once an hour for some time. Anyone had a similar experience using this stuff? I'm thinking you need to rinse the H-E-double hocky sticks out of it and wrap it in filter floss.

Guest webshout

I've heard many people swear by chemi-pure which is supposedly super carbon. The directions say "rinse lightly". I rinsed it a lot and put it in my tank. The tank clouds up and my filter floss turns black. I change it once an hour for some time. Anyone had a similar experience using this stuff? I'm thinking you need to rinse the H-E-double hocky sticks out of it and wrap it in filter floss.

When I've used it, I've had to rinse it a lot.

W.

Guest MikeInFredVA

How much flow is passing thru it and what is it in?

I use it alot in new tanks and when the tank gets astablished I use it for a couple weeks and take it out for a month, and repeat, seemsto work for me. but first i reinse it alot also.

Mike

With purgen it makes a great couple and a clean tank!

(edited)

How much flow is passing thru it and what is it in?

The biocube 29 stock pump is 316 GPH. Chemipure comes in a nylon bag. I'm rinsing it a lot and wrapping it in polyester. I gotta say, although I've heard many wear by chemi-pure, it just looks like plain old carbon to me.

Edited by sen5241b

I use it via passive flow.

You could be aggitating it enough to cause it to break down or "tumble" which will rub it together and cause it to break down.

Slow the flow or place it where water that chooses to can flow thru it.(passive flow)