Individual services??

lanman

Do you hire out for individual particular services, such as a one-time tank cleaning, or setting up a CA reactor for someone, or a tank inspection with emphasis on potential problems? Stuff like that?

In particular, I am a little bit hesitant about setting up my CA reactor for the first time. Might be worth it for my peace of mind to hire a professional. Especially one with a car full of hoses, barbs, connectors, and flim-flams.

bob

Bob,

Thanks for asking, yes we do these types of things. The easy one to address is the "Inspection" as you call it so I'll hit that first.

We call it a Full On-Site Evaluation, and it includes everything from a professional grade water test, to suggestions on Saftey (GFI, Ground probe...) to plumbing to filtration and lighting, You end up with a written list of suggestions, on litterally everything about your aquarium. If you are interested we will then give an estimate for us to do the work or if you want to do it yourself, we will get you pointed in the right direction.

More info here: http://reefescape.net/evaluations.htm

Not that you would need something like this, but we also do Aquarium Renovations. We can "gut" and fix tank that has either gone down hill, or just wasn't put togeather right, usually in about a day.

One time cleanings, and things like tank "baby sitting" can be a little trickey... but yes again under the right conditions. These things can be a little hit'n'miss on exactly what we will need and how long it will take. It helps if we have already done an evaluation.

Installation of equipment is also something we can help with. If you haven't already gotten the item, we suggest you let us help choose it, but it sounds like you already have one. What did you get?

One important thing to keep in mind is our schedule. Our non-emergency work week is durring the day Mon to Fri.

Phil

Thanks, Phil...

I purchased a CA reactor from Grey Seas. I have the CO2 cannister and the regulator, etc. But I don't know bubble counter from bubble bath about CA reactors. While I could probably figure it all out from the documentation available - sometimes it's worth it to get a professional.

I like the idea of the 'renovation' of an old tank that has gotten in bad condition. I know someone who got out of the hobby because his tank was getting 'ugly' and he couldn't figure out what to do about it.

And I plan to take a week off toward the end of the month...

bob

Whoooa there, no stealing my ideas!!!

:o)

Let me know if you want help with the CA reactor, Dan is making some great stuff, so shouldn't be a problem.