Aquariums for You

Antiguan

If I read this correctly, you are still in progress on a 195 in wall, and already thinking about upgrading???

cool

So far, most of the reviews I found on web have not been positive. I would pay a premium fee for a vendor with better credentials. Here is an example, you can find more with search key words "aquariumsforyou review". Even a local NJ reefer was not happy with this company service for a simple sump.

http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?...c=8566.msg81211

If I read this correctly, you are still in progress on a 195 in wall, and already thinking about upgrading???

cool

Not exactly. I have most of the equipment but not the tank.

So far, most of the reviews I found on web have not been positive. I would pay a premium fee for a vendor with better credentials. Here is an example, you can find more with search key words "aquariumsforyou review". Even a local NJ reefer was not happy with this company service for a simple sump.

http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?...c=8566.msg81211

Thanks for the helpful information. I sent AFY your link and they have posted a response in the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Trevor, I believe my tank is manufactured by them and was purchased used. It has excellent seams and you can't tell the difference between one edge and the next. I bought it from tgallo, who also bought a second aquarium from them after having had the one I have (he never set it up, but it looked awesome from the pictures). I really like my tank and think that it's pretty high quality, but I have not had any other large acrylic tanks, so I can't compare it to anything else.

I've been to their web-page a few times over the years. Frankly, with Jeff(NAGA) and his "Pimped-out Aquariums" in the local area and a member of WAMAS, I don't see any reason to have something shipped. That is if your talking Acrylic. If your talking glass, the shipping must be "ouch".

Oops, I just re-read you last post and it sounds like you've already made-up your mind. If not, I'm in Manassas, not too far from Aldie, if you'd like to see a one of Jeffs(NAGA) "Pimped-out" aquarium.

Edited by Larry Grenier

• 4 weeks later...

I've been to their web-page a few times over the years. Frankly, with Jeff(NAGA) and his "Pimped-out Aquariums" in the local area and a member of WAMAS, I don't see any reason to have something shipped. That is if your talking Acrylic. If your talking glass, the shipping must be "ouch".

Oops, I just re-read you last post and it sounds like you've already made-up your mind. If not, I'm in Manassas, not too far from Aldie, if you'd like to see a one of Jeffs(NAGA) "Pimped-out" aquarium.

Larry, thanks for the offer to show me your acrylic tank. I had been debating between glass or acrylic and gave Jeff (NAGA) a call to discuss the pro and cons between the two. With my busy work schedule and inability to clean the tank regularly, we agreed that glass might be a better fit for me.