photo contest

dshnarw

What's up with the photo contests lately? The pics on the homepage have been there for months, no winner announced for two months ago, no polls were made on last month's photos, no new contest for this month.

Has this just died from lack of interest (doesn't seem that way - pics have been entered?) or from a simple lack of updating?

To be honest, I don't mind doing it. It just is too complicated to get the images into a single gallery for u all to vote. Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I'm a mod on CZ and it is very easy to do it there. I'm sure both boards use similiar software. As far as getting images over to the homepage, sorry, I dont have that kind of access. :)

if there is someone that could help show me an easy way to get it done I'll do it, but as of now its a complete headache.

To be honest, I don't mind doing it. It just is too complicated to get the images into a single gallery for u all to vote. Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I'm a mod on CZ and it is very easy to do it there. I'm sure both boards use similiar software. As far as getting images over to the homepage, sorry, I dont have that kind of access. :)

if there is someone that could help show me an easy way to get it done I'll do it, but as of now its a complete headache.

Can we setup a WAMAS POTM user account on flickr or pbucket and have everyone upload and hotlink? Then you just have to create the poll? You could just create a new sub album every month.....

The problem with that idea is that anyone having rights to post pictures will also have rights to remove pictures or, worse yet, to post pictures that really shouldn't be posted.

It's not that difficult.. nor that time consuming...But it does take about 10-20 mins to do one...

I guess I'll take that part back, but Chris, you need to create the threads... and then send me a PM to say start the voting and which pictures qualify and I'll create the voting thread, and update the front page.

OK with everyone?

Dave

I'm curious - why the need to add them to single gallery on WAMAS? You could make the poll and just use the IMG tags and let photobucket or whatever the contestant uses host them for you. I suppose it would take away some of the anonymity, if someone really wanted to know who took the pic. But, the only pics you would ever need to upload would be the winner's pics for the homepage.

Or, if you use the Nano-reef model (same software), they have a single gallery specifically for the photo contest where anyone can upload a pic. Then, they make it a poll near the end of the month, which would require just the effort of opening a new gallery each month and making it a poll near the end of each month. The pics would be uploaded to a single gallery for you, but it wouldn't be anonymous.

That is what I do :)

Go see this months poll if you want...

The only ones I worry about are the ones on the home page.

It does only really take 5-10 mins, but it takes longer (and I need to get a web app made so it's easier) to update the front page of the website.

Dave

That is what I do :)

Go see this months poll if you want...

The only ones I worry about are the ones on the home page.

It does only really take 5-10 mins, but it takes longer (and I need to get a web app made so it's easier) to update the front page of the website.

Dave

WOOHOO!

Thanks Dave!

Chris,

I've got voting for last month all taken care of... at least started... just start the new thread for this month, and then when you close the entries for this month PM me that it's time to put up the poll.

Dave

And folks - don't forget to suggest topics for the month's photos... like "GREEN" ... ... "You'll poke your eye out with that!" .... ... "Here's looking at you!"

:)

bob

:gho:

Thanks again Chris and Dave!!

And folks - don't forget to suggest topics for the month's photos... like "GREEN" ... ... "You'll poke your eye out with that!" .... ... "Here's looking at you!"

:)

bob

:lol: @ "you'll poke your eye out with that!"