LFS in/near reston

newfish

I am looking for LFS near Reston that are actually worth going to.

I have been going to Marine scene and yeah its nice but their prices are not.

Anyone know of any other stores close by.

I heard F&F, and I will probably give that a try, but anything closer??

Thanks

Josh

in reston f&f followed by brk in terms of proximity

I think BRK has a lot lower prices than Marine Scene and a lot more stock than F and F. I would try there. I if you know what you are looking for, it pays to call first. Often they will special order for you if they do not have something you want.

FN

I wouldn't hesitate to shop at any of those three (MS, BRK, F&F) and DO. :) You can find quality goods and livestock at all three, and while prices range across the board, equally good deals as well.

There is another shop in Leesburg (can't remember the name). I was only in there once and was not overly impressed.

Tracy

There is another shop in Leesburg (can't remember the name). I was only in there once and was not overly impressed.

Tracy

I recall going to a shop in Leesburg with a SW pond inside and long horned cowfish that was well over 12" in it. Probably 18". He kept coming to the surface and sticking his horns out of the water. Very cool. Aside from that, I wasn't impressed with the place either.

I know the shop in Leesburgh that your talking about Ive made a about three trips over their in the past couple of months when Ive been out that way and ive yet to be impressed. Their saltwater pond and their display tank are ok but ive allways found their selection and prices on livestock to be bad. Of all the fish stores ive been to i think BRK is the best i also live in Reston so its a bit of a drive but well worth it.

Connor

I recall going to a shop in Leesburg with a SW pond inside and long horned cowfish that was well over 12" in it. Probably 18".

yep...that's the place!

T

I am pretty sure you guys are talking about Mikes Aquatic world.

His store has gone down hill since I first started with my fresh water tank.

I went a couple of weeks ago and couldnt believe the way the store looked and smelled.

I recommend BRK as well. I've been to Marine Scene when I first joined the hobby. I was not happy and quite embarrassed to find out how much I overpaid for my RO/DI. They were very helpful though, but so is BRK.

I am pretty sure you guys are talking about Mikes Aquatic world.

His store has gone down hill since I first started with my fresh water tank.

I went a couple of weeks ago and couldnt believe the way the store looked and smelled.

- definately not a fanboy of that store, but I'll be darned if I don't still have every fish (3 BG chromis, 6-line and two percs) I ever bought from him, going on a year and a half now on the percs. I think he's just in the business for the business, and not all about personalized and customized customer service like we see at F&F and BRK.

jp