2gl Dwarf seahorse tank

toastiireefs

So i was gonna breack down my 10gl dwarf seahorse tank, and move my three horses to a 2gl..

now I dont know if this will work, but i wanted to have a zoa gardenin the tank, and a seafan for hitching.

basically i was wondering if i could use compact flourescents in such a small tank to grow zoos

These small aquarium lights combine the power and energy efficiency of fluorescent bulbs in small, modern designs to suit any desktop aquarium. Each Small Aquarium Light is constructed of durable, attractively-colored plastic housing to complement any home or office d

(edited)

how many watts?

that is a very good question... that i dont know the answer to.... i will get on that now

:D

EDIT:

13watts

would i be better off getting a clamp light from strosnieders or something

Edited by toastiireefs

consider using 2 watts of screw in compact florescent bulbs from coralife you can get them at petcos

thanks!!

im still debating if i want to do this because my tank is kinda sorta established and i dont want to ruin all that.. hmm

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i set it all up and its cycled and everything, i used some of the 10gl tank water, so it was just like a large water change

and heres a pic of it, i love it

DSCN1603.jpg

im putting my baby girl in it later today

ithink im gonna add some caulerpa to it also not sure yet

Watch out for swings in such a small system. Don't forget, all of your swings (temp, pH, nitrate, ammonia, nitrite) will be 5x as great and 5x as fast. That's the hard part about such a small system, everything happens drastically and rapidly. I'd replace the heater with a smaller one if you can find one. That heater will quickly change the temperature of your tank and overshoot your desired heat, as will the presence of a powerhead in your system (is that what's in the front left? can't really tell, no power cord... sponge?).

Watch out for swings in such a small system. Don't forget, all of your swings (temp, pH, nitrate, ammonia, nitrite) will be 5x as great and 5x as fast. That's the hard part about such a small system, everything happens drastically and rapidly. I'd replace the heater with a smaller one if you can find one. That heater will quickly change the temperature of your tank and overshoot your desired heat, as will the presence of a powerhead in your system (is that what's in the front left? can't really tell, no power cord... sponge?).

its a filter, with a sponge overit because it can suck up my seahorse... thats how i lost the other one.

i think i will get another heater.. but i have to see how the temp is when i get a light on it..

but yea i understand. small tanks are hard but i can deal!

im just making sure that its cycled now