WAMAS Community to the Rescue (Tank Leak!)

Guest archie1709

Guest archie1709

Just want to thank a few folks from WAMAS. A. Singh, Jim R, and Kevin.

Woke up yesterday morning and before going to work I looked at my tank. The nightmare came true. My tank was leaking water from the bottom... I immediately called-in sick. Went to Ebay and found Singh who was selling a 55G. Although I didn't buy from him, he still went out of his way to help me.

I am not a paying subscriber of WAMAS yet. He is. So he help me find hobbyists who sell 55G tanks. In a few minutes, emails poured in from various local subscribers offering help. Mind you, I didn't even buy tanks from anyone of them.

As I was talking to WAMAS members (refered by Singh) regarding their 55G for sale, the drip turned to the worse and started doing a slow flow. I ran for a bucket and placed it under the leak. I desperately ran to Petsmart (a few minutes away) and bought a new 55G.

20 hours of non-stop work later (with no lunch or dinner, mind you), I have resolved the situation. I am pretty sure WAMAS members from the area would have been willing to lend a helping hand. But I figured (a) I wasn't a paying subscriber, and (b) I didn't buy any of their tanks, it would be just thick faced of me seek extra arms for this. So I did everything myself.

Thanks WAMAS, now I know why I should be compelled to pay the small membership fee. It's more than just the forum. It's an actualy community of persons who help.

Dude I'm sorry to hear that happened, but I'm happy things worked out in the end... If you still need help let me know and I'll see what I can do... Welcome to the club!!

Just want to thank a few folks from WAMAS. A. Singh, Jim R, and Kevin.

Woke up yesterday morning and before going to work I looked at my tank. The nightmare came true. My tank was leaking water from the bottom... I immediately called-in sick.

Thanks WAMAS, now I know why I should be compelled to pay the small membership fee. It's more than just the forum. It's an actualy community of persons who help.

I wonder how many buckets I'd need if my 240 started leaking at the bottom... "Hello, Home Depot? Do you still have that sale on 50-gallon trash cans? Great - I need a half-dozen right away!"

Glad you were able to resolve the situation!!

bob

Welcome aboard!

..well soon? :)

FYI for all those members!

In case this happens to you, just call me at 703-899-6209 in Falls Church.

I have on hand for MOVES and EMERGENCIES!

2 - 20g Brute Containers with lids

2 - 40g Tupperware Tubs with wheels and lids

2 - 30g Tupperware Tubs with lids

2 - 20g Tupperware Tubs with lids

5-10 5g HD Buckets with lids

etc.

Cost: JUST BRING IT BACK PLEASE!!! :lol2:

WAMAS members are some of the most helpful and outgoing people I've ever met and I doubt that anyone would have made you show your membership card if you had asked for help. Being a member does help keep the club afloat though (sorry for the pun) and gives you more access to the member-only forums and events so you can really get to know the other members.

I'm glad to hear that everything worked out for you and I look forward to seeing you at our next WAMAS meeting!

Archie,

Glad to hear you got the transfer... I should say that many here are reluctant to ask members for help, but there are more than a few that are willing to lend a hand (I've had people come and tank sit, and also help in an emergency when I was on the road).... Haven't done a tank move yet, but I've got one I'm helping on tommorow.

That plus discounts, information at meetings, frags, etc... it's a good club and community to join.

Dave

The knowledge I have learned from members, the forums and also advice from members is well worth the fees in my opinion.

More importantly, i have met some really cool and friendly people. The friends made in this wonderful hobby I've made through this club are again worth it to me.

I'm glad things worked out for you.

Cheers, :cheers:

Sean

Springing a leak is not so good, but I'm glad you made the discovery of the real WAMAS and what the club is about.