250watt Hamilton 14K Metal Halide bulbs

jamesbuf

Has anyone used these bulbs?? If so, how much of a blue look did they have??

If anyone has some old ones that I could borrow for comparison it would be appreciated.

Has anyone used these bulbs?? If so, how much of a blue look did they have??

If anyone has some old ones that I could borrow for comparison it would be appreciated.

James, I have three Hamilton Reefstars with the 14K bulbs...a 250W over my 40G frag tank. If you had dropped off the fuge an hour later, you could have seen one in action :)

I like them, make the colors on my Rics and Discosoma really pop....but don't look too blue.

Ask me nicely, and I might just lend you one of the 400W units :)

-R

James, I have three Hamilton Reefstars with the 14K bulbs...a 250W over my 40G frag tank. If you had dropped off the fuge an hour later, you could have seen one in action :)

I like them, make the colors on my Rics and Discosoma really pop....but don't look too blue.

Ask me nicely, and I might just lend you one of the 400W units :)

-R

Doh!! I guess I should've shown up late. If you have any old bulbs laying around, any chance I could snag one off you??

No need for the 400watt one. I've got a canopy and I couldn't imagine the heat issues I'd have with that. Thanks though.

Doh!! I guess I should've shown up late. If you have any old bulbs laying around, any chance I could snag one off you??

No need for the 400watt one. I've got a canopy and I couldn't imagine the heat issues I'd have with that. Thanks though.

James, unfortunately I don't have any spare 250s...just 400s :(

-R

James, unfortunately I don't have any spare 250s...just 400s :(

-R

No worries. Premium aquatics has them for only $60 so I figure its worth a try. I can't believe the short selection of SE 14K bulbs compared to how many 14K DE bulbs that are out there.

Out of curiosity, I went to check the difference in my PAR between my 10K XM bulb and the 14K Hamilton. Sanyjay's page shows the 14K is less than half the par. Jeez.

I am currently using the 250w hamilton 14k. I like the color, but growth is slow compared to the xm 10k. This is my first set so I don't have any laying around sorry.