Marine Scene

lancer99

I have been pretty uninspired by their coral selection lately, but since I work 10 minutes from them, thought I'd stop on a Friday night and buy some fish food.

Ended up leaving with:

1) a $10 Pocillopora frag with some nice green highlights, that extended its polyps about 30 seconds after being placed in my tank

2) the healthiest Tubipora musica that I've ever seen. It's beautiful, will post pics tomorrow.

3) this yellow toadstool: gallery_2631295_298_49649.jpg

Not only is that the brightest yellow toadstool that I've seen...it's also growing out of a 4" Montipora, pink with purple polyps.

I think I scored!

-R

PS I forgot to buy the fish food.

Very Nice Lance...I can never walk out of that store empty handed. Last Sat met up with Marcia & Scott, James, and George to deliver some corals. Then I walked into Marine Scene with 3 bags and no more money. But I went home with a trumpet coral, bam bam zoa, and carnation coral.

Not to mention, they are having their christmas sale - 10% off on corals.

I didn't have ANY time; but I did take a quick look at that toadstool before you bought it. Someone else was standing there talking about buying it. Guess you got lucky!

bob

Yep, everything is at least 10% off...some as much as 50%.

Here's the pipe organ:

gallery_2631295_298_43726.jpg

and a shot from the top, showing the greyish-green (is that teal?) on the polyps:

gallery_2631295_298_65801.jpg

Bob, I must have dithered for at least 20 minutes about the Yellow Toadstool...even had to go outside to have a cigarette (no comments please!) and ponder. Glad to know there was competition :) It totally blew my "I'm gonna spend $100 on an early Xmas present for myself" budget, but was totally worth it!

After the lights went on, it closed up (!), but after about 1/2 hour opened up completely. Can't resist one last pic of it: gallery_2631295_298_29808.jpg

-R