pics

lancer99

Yep, *totally* random.....I'm just now getting a handle on how to work my cam.

$#$#@ hermits have reduced my Xmas tree worms from 8 to 5...luckily all 4 in the pic have survived. I thought a 1" ring cut from a yoghurt container would stop them, but no luck....now the Porites is sitting on top of the bottom of an inverted plastic salsa bowl...about 4" off the substrate. That should stop the #$#@$#ers!

-R

BTW thx for the feedback!

-R

Yep, *totally* random.....I'm just now getting a handle on how to work my cam.

$#$#@ hermits have reduced my Xmas tree worms from 8 to 5...luckily all 4 in the pic have survived. I thought a 1" ring cut from a yoghurt container would stop them, but no luck....now the Porites is sitting on top of the bottom of an inverted plastic salsa bowl...about 4" off the substrate. That should stop the #$#@$#ers!

-R

BTW thx for the feedback!

-R

That variety of hermit crab is not considered to be reef safe as far as I know. It often comes mixed with other types of hermits. I have some of them in my system as well, but I have tried to keep them out of the display and in the sump to help manage the clean up.

That variety of hermit crab is not considered to be reef safe as far as I know. It often comes mixed with other types of hermits. I have some of them in my system as well, but I have tried to keep them out of the display and in the sump to help manage the clean up.

Dave, they are the "Blue Leg Hermit, Small" that I got from Reeftopia. "Completely reef safe" according to their site!

Other than picking at my Xmas tree worms, they have been model citizens, and seem to spend most of their time picking at the sand.

-R

Edit: Oops, I tell a lie. Obviously that's not a Blue Leg. He's the 'freebie' that I got with some live sand. So far he has been okay, but will keep an eye on him.

-R

Edited by lancer99