Need help with wiring ballast...

mexicanjavafish

gastone--

Thanks for the diagram, I've already looked at several though.I don't really trust myself not to mess it up somehow, so I'd really rather have someone who's done it before help me out at the meeting or something. Thanks again, though.

Ugh, I wish I could do that for you at the meeting but I can't make it. I just built a hanging T5 canopy for my nano and what made it really easy for me this past time was to connect the jumper and connector wires seperately, as opposed to twisting the pair together and then trying to jam that mess into the endcap.

First cut and strip your jumper, bend it and insert into both sides of the endcap - you can see it go through and in if you look at the endcap sideways. Then strip the main wire and push it in under the jumper and into that side of the endcap. I don't think I have an extra lying around, but if I do I can take step by step pics. When you can't pull them out you know you are locked in.

Start with a big spool of wire and cut pieces too long so that you can mount everything up, like this:

IMGP2147.jpg

Then worry about making everything look nice later:

IMGP2148.jpg

HTH

jp

I just looked at that - you gotta be kidding me. I'd want somebody else to do it too. Compare that with the WH5 diagram. http://www.fulham.com/Find_Process.php

I can't stop laughing at that diagram. It couldn't be any more different than the way the Workhorse is wired.

the only thing I can suggest to you bud is to strip the wires and connect each, then label them like the diagram says using painter's tape and a pen. First mount the standoffs and then just poke the wires into each endcap, then pop the endcaps into the standoffs.

Run everything together and out to where you have the ballast mounted, cut and make your connections like in my pictures. I didn't have to label anything because I only had two colors to worry about.

You could practice by only doing a one or two bulb setup - just wirenut the ends of the single wires you aren't using.

good luck - are you bringing the whole hood to the meeting?

just hooked it up two minutes ago works perfectly! thanks a lot!!! :clap: next time i double your pay. Seriously though if we ever get something going thats fragable in our tanks we'll share