Getting out of hobby

Guest Idle Moor

Guest Idle Moor

Hi folks.

I'm in the process of extricating myself from the hobby here. Originally had about 600 gal comprised of 4 systems including full sps reefs and fowlrs. I got rid of most of the livestock last spring through CMAS (I still have a beautiful 10" green bird wrasse if anyone is interested) and am tearing down the equipment now. I've listed a few things already with CMAS, and more will become available as I get it cleaned up.

Right now I have available:

Tunze 2-stream kit: $600

This is a approx. 3 yrs old in use for about 1.5 yrs. Cleaned up like new. Consists of 2 6100.10 streams, the older style multicontroller (with physical knobs) that includes feeding mode and fish-saver, plus the photocell light sensor.

Icecap 660 Electronic ballast: $80

This was in use for a few years. Was sent back to the factory for refurb shortly before shutting down so should be good as new.

400x2 Watt MH ballast (home-made): $100

Used this for about a year before shut down. Did a nice, neat job with this - can provide pics. Will include the bulbs I have if you want them.

Sequence Stingray (?) Circulation pump: $150

In very good shape. Has clear plastic impeller housing. Can provide more details, pics.

Calcium reactor (Homemade): $100

Based on original Sanjay Joshi design, I did a very good job with this :-). Includes secondary reaction chamber and media.

Green Bird Wrasse: Free to good home

About 10". U catch.

There will be more as I get stuff ready, including some skimmers.

I live near Hagerstown MD but can probably deliver hardware to most locations if you give me a little time.

Mike Spirawk

15006 Randall Ln

Williamsport MD 21795

240-217-7820

Zoozilla....claiming the worlds used aquarium equipment.

j/k zoozilla...but I swear you have like 5 million posts that say "PM on the way"

:wink: :wink: :wink:

I live in Hagerstown but work at Dulles airport....... I can transport to Dulles or Leesburg area, if you need help in transporting anything..........

Guest Idle Moor

Thanks to all for the great response!

I will be going out of town for the weekend and will get back and sort things out sunday or monday.

Guest Idle Moor

Here is some info on the Sequence pump.

Pump housing Serial no. 83927

Motor amps: 4

RPM: 1450

Motor brand: Baldor

Inlet/Outles: 1.5" threaded female

The motor runs smooth. There is some corrosion on the motor housing but I don't think it will hurt anything. It was in operation for maybe 1.5 yrs and has sat for about a year since. I wouldn't be surprised if the seal is due to be replaced just based on service time.

I should be able to post pics tomorrow when I get to work.

Mike

Guest Idle Moor

Ok, yet more info on the pump.

I found reference to the fact that the Stingray was renamed the Barracuda, so those are the specs I am using.

1/4 hp motor

Non-pressure rated

3780gph at 4'

4500gph max flow

I used it very successfully for a closed loop system with an Ocean's Motion 4-way in a 135 tank.

Typically retails for around $300.

Guest Idle Moor

Ok here are pics of the 400Wx2 MH ballast I made. I did a pretty good job making it neat and clean, and I used very good quality cords and plugs. Each ballast is powered separately so that I could use x-10 controllers without overloading them.

Also provided are two switched line voltage outputs for cooling fans (the white electrical cords). One is bare-ended for hard wiring and the other has a female plug.

The ballasts are in a standard electrical box with the top left open for heat dissipation, but a standard cover could be added.

This was in use for about 1.5 yrs without problems.

Grrr, sorry the pics are so small, having frustration with compression settings.

post-2631338-1194619054_thumb.jpg

Edited by Idle Moor

• 3 months later...
Guest Idle Moor

Ok, break for holidays etc, and I'm back with a little more stuff. I really want to get rid of this stuff and generate some cash as I now have a friend who requires a 'legal defense fund' - although I don't think you should try to deduct this on your taxes as a charitable contribution :-). Please make a reasonable offer if you don't like the price I am asking. Free delivery is an option on most items!

What I still have from before - see previous posts for pics and details:

- Tunze 2-stream kit - boxed and in excellent condition: $600

- 400x2 Watt MH ballast (home-made): $100

- Sequence Stingray (aka Barracuda) Circulation pump: $150

In addition to this I am now offering:

- Drop-in style chiller

- LifeReef skimmer (pump available)

- Complete ViaAqua nano reef setup (pick-up only)

Details to come.

Again, my contact information is:

Mike Spirawk

240-217-7820

Velodog2@yahoo.com

15006 Randall Ln

Williamsport MD 21795

Guest Idle Moor

Chiller update.

This is an Aquanetics 1/5 HP drop-in titanium chiller. It's in good working condition, with some superficial corrosion on the metal parts. The probe could probably use a good vinegar soak to remove some more calcium. It was manufactured in '93 so it's been around a while, but I figure like an old refrigerator it will just keep on running. It has been used to cool a 135 gal system that grew to 350 gal with a total of 1500 watts of light, maintaining a temp of about 80.

It requires a separate thermostat/controller.

I'm asking $200.

post-2631338-1203013763_thumb.jpg

Edited by Idle Moor

Guest Idle Moor

Skimmer update.

This is a LifeReef venturi protein skimmer with true counter-current operation built by Jeff Turcheck. It has a drain in the collection cup and has been upgraded to draw humid air from the collection cup to keep the venturi clog-free. It is a total of 36 inches tall and in perfect condition with outstanding build quality. The counter-current flow is achieved with the second input tube in the top of the reaction chamber that feeds water in circumferentially through a slot to produce both a counter-current as well as a swirling current. Jeff's current 36" model is still the same design, but doesn't have this second input, and is rated for 400 gal. This skimmer was in duty on the sytem described in the above post which contained acros, montis, anemones, and other assorted delicacies.

I have an old Iwaki pump that powers it perfectly. I'm asking $225 for both together.

post-2631338-1203015201_thumb.jpg

Guest Idle Moor

The Sequence pump and the LifeReef skimmer/pump are spoken for. Thanks guys!

Still owe pics and info on the nano.

Mike