chopping down trees

zotzer

If I cut down chunks of kenya tree that have propogated themselves in my tank, will they grow back? (I have already learned that mushrooms regrow if you leave any remains behind)

Can I slather some Joe's Juice or something on the stump to prevent re-growth?

Tracy

If you leave it, it will come back.

:idea:

Ask steveoutlaw for his recipe and boil it off.

LOL Well, since this is Outlaw Kenya Tree, I guess he would be the expert! :) Problem is, some of it has planted itself on rocks with other stuff that I do not wish to boil.

Tracy

If you leave it, it will come back.

:idea:

Ask steveoutlaw for his recipe and boil it off.

Kenya tree is easy to boil off.........it's the Palys that'll get ya! Then again, I guess there are people out there who would enjoy 3 months of daily steroid breathing treatments!! :drink:

If I cut down chunks of kenya tree that have propogated themselves in my tank, will they grow back? (I have already learned that mushrooms regrow if you leave any remains behind)

Can I slather some Joe's Juice or something on the stump to prevent re-growth?

Tracy

Cut it down as low as you can, then take a stiff toothbrush to it. Or if you can find one (soldering department), a little copper-brush.

bob

Kenya tree is easy to boil off.........it's the Palys that'll get ya! Then again, I guess there are people out there who would enjoy 3 months of daily steroid breathing treatments!! :drink:

So should I take it that Chip is trying to "off" me? ROFL

He wouldn't be the first! :biggrin:

Tracy

Cut it down as low as you can, then take a stiff toothbrush to it. Or if you can find one (soldering department), a little copper-brush.

bob

NO! Don't ever use copper in your tank. The amount of copper that rubs off may not be noticeable to the naked eye, but it will certainly be noticeable to the inverts in your system. You should NEVER EVER introduce copper into your system or use anything that is copper in your system.

bob

I would not use a copper brush on anything that goes back into the tank. Copper is a very soft metal and will leave a residue on or imbedded in the live rock and as we all know, copper is a no-no for inverts and many sensitive fish.

Edit: OK, so Dave and I had the same thought at about the same time!

I would not use a copper brush on anything that goes back into the tank. Copper is a very soft metal and will leave a residue on or imbedded in the live rock and as we all know, copper is a no-no for inverts and many sensitive fish.

Edit: OK, so Dave and I had the same thought at about the same time!

Hmmm... point - the one I have is actually brass; but that contains copper as well. Stick to the toothbrush, Zotzy!

bob