baby ceriths

modelrr

just noticed a couple dozen baby cerith snails emerging from the sandbed this evening .... do you think they'll survive and get to adult size?

EDIT

from what I read they're definitely not ceriths...they look like rissoids or pyramid snails I think

anyway, I looked closer at the sandbed and there are literally hundreds of these little things!

I'm just hoping they're not harmful in any way

Edited by modelrr

I remember a link somewhere on here going over the good and bad hitchhikers that come in on our liverock. It was either on here or CMAS. I found it really helpful, showing pics of everything. Anybody know which one I'm talking about.

I have a 10-30x stereo microscope ... I'll look at a couple tonight and post pics

I've had nassarus snails multiply in my tank I have around a hundred of them... this should be a problem right? I have yet to see something in my tank eat them cause they are getting bigger now...

I've had nassarus snails multiply in my tank I have around a hundred of them... this should be a problem right? I have yet to see something in my tank eat them cause they are getting bigger now...

Hmm.... wasn't someone looking to purchase 100 nassarius snails?

bob