pe mysis vs regular mysis

jamal

Go look in the Vendor section - Aquarium One now has it... just noticed it a few hours ago. Looks like they are running a group buy for us also if anyone wants to look.

http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17155

Edited by treesprite

• 1 month later...

Here is an interesting link with pics talking about how ricordeas eat PE mysis and no other: LINK

tim

I'll be darned you guys!!! I bought some PE Mysis in the group buy. The fish love it! I noticed something funny tonight, and thought there was a problem with my ricordea. Well, nothing was wrong. They were eating the mysis!!!

I do not target feed them. My process is to feed the tank, and everything just gets what it gets. I couldn't believe my eyes!!

Notice the white blotches in the middle of these two:

gallery_1752_4_11565.jpg

You can see the little mysis eyeball in this one!

gallery_1752_4_68609.jpg

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes. One of the other rics had snagged a big one too, but I couldn't get a good picture.

Tracy

Told ya :)

I had read an article a while back about a fellow who says he grows his rics giant in no time by feeding them PE. He also said they wouldn't eat any other brands he tried.

If anyone is thinking about another group buy, Exotic Aquatics is the cheapest place by a good amount. You have to buy 10, but you'll get rid of them easy (took me less than an hour to get takers for the other 8).

Their price is $29.99 for the 40 oz ones.

tim

Edited by extreme_tooth_decay

Told ya :)

I had read an article a while back about a fellow who says he grows his rics giant in no time by feeding them PE.

Well, you can bet I am going to *start* target feeding them now! LOL

They are already the size of a quarter or more (one is half-dollar sized).

Doug cut four of the rics up at the meeting for me, and they are now between dime and nickel sized. All of them are getting some focused mysis feeding from now on! :)

Tracy

Well, you can bet I am going to *start* target feeding them now! LOL

They are already the size of a quarter or more (one is half-dollar sized).

Doug cut four of the rics up at the meeting for me, and they are now between dime and nickel sized. All of them are getting some focused mysis feeding from now on! :)

Tracy

When I was reading the article a while back, I got a mental image of a guy with a pair of tweezers squinting through his glasses trying to feed each mushroom a pe mysis. Heh.