Snorkeling in Mallorca...

Ne0eN

Hello everyone...

It's been a while since I posted - been busy with life I guess. As I'm currently honeymooning in Mallorca - I wanted to write few words about the local marine life here. Just got back from snorkeling all day and while the conditions are perfect the marine life is quite boring. I've only seen damsels, cardinal fish, and some sort of bream fish. The highlight was seeing a medium size octopus, and few large wrasses. On the seaweed covered rocks however, it's easy to spot blennies hanging on for dear life in the surf. It's pretty cool looking actually as it is quite amazing that they can hang on in a strong current. I have been to 3 different areas of the south and north-western part of the island, and so far have not seen any coral reefs. Today we were around Island of Dragonera and on Saturday we're planning to drive down to a marine reserve at El Toro which may provide some different variety of sea life.

Big thanks to JM for watching over my tank while I'm here. I owe you big time. :cheers:

Warmest Regards from Mallorca!!! :scuba:

--Rob

Pictures? :biggrin:

Pictures? :biggrin:

Not this time. Need to invest in an underwater set-up before the next trip. Have lots of pictures of Mallorca though!

--Rob

Hello everyone...

It's been a while since I posted - been busy with life I guess. As I'm currently honeymooning in Mallorca - I wanted to write few words about the local marine life here. Just got back from snorkeling all day and while the conditions are perfect the marine life is quite boring. I've only seen damsels, cardinal fish, and some sort of bream fish. The highlight was seeing a medium size octopus, and few large wrasses. On the seaweed covered rocks however, it's easy to spot blennies hanging on for dear life in the surf. It's pretty cool looking actually as it is quite amazing that they can hang on in a strong current. I have been to 3 different areas of the south and north-western part of the island, and so far have not seen any coral reefs. Today we were around Island of Dragonera and on Saturday we're planning to drive down to a marine reserve at El Toro which may provide some different variety of sea life.

Big thanks to JM for watching over my tank while I'm here. I owe you big time. :cheers:

Warmest Regards from Mallorca!!! :scuba:

--Rob

My pleasure,

As a matter of fact, watching over your tank makes me realize how much I miss this hobby. :)

JM

perhaps you could give Jason a description of the fish you saw.....

My pleasure,

As a matter of fact, watching over your tank makes me realize how much I miss this hobby.

JM

Uh, Jean Marie,

How are you watching his tank while your in South America??????????????

:lol2:

Uh, Jean Marie,

How are you watching his tank while your in South America??????????????

:lol2:

Howard, you are a true friend, really :( You weren't supposed to spill the bins :wink:

You guys are really funny!

:cry:

Good thing I didn't buy that case of Mallorcan wine for JM... :drink:

--Rob

Howard, you are a true friend, really :( You weren't supposed to spill the bins :wink:

You guys are really funny!

:cry:

Good thing I didn't buy that case of Mallorcan wine for JM... :drink:

--Rob

:cry: :cry: :cry: HOWARD!!!!!!! Look what you've done to me!! :cry: :cry:

Edited by JMsAquarium

Lucky dog, whats the water temp like?

Today was a bad day - really windy and cloudy. But normally the water is a balmy 27-28C... (low to mid 80's)

--Rob

PS. Unbelievable - the cheapest Spanish red wine starts at