Add a Probe Holder Bulkhead to calcium reactor

kngfisher

Reef Fanatic Probe Holder Bulkhead

anyone even tried to add a pH probe to there calcium reactor? would this even work?

Them thangs is called liquid tight cord grips and they work as great as your new baby daughter.

I use them on my Kalk reactor and Ca reactor if you want to see them in action.

I'll take 3 when you order.

Disregard "1 bad design"s comment as he's obviously a BOZO and not sure which end of the screw driver to hammer nails in with.

You can also form a drip cup and put a probe in that (that's what I do).

Dave

You can also form a drip cup and put a probe in that (that's what I do).

Dave

I do that now for the reactor pH and may have gotten the idea from a post of yours.

Problem I find for is when I fill my sump for a WC, it submerges the cup deal and my controller calls me due to high pH

I do that now for the reactor pH and may have gotten the idea from a post of yours.

Problem I find for is when I fill my sump for a WC, it submerges the cup deal and my controller calls me due to high pH

So Chip - are you saying then that you end up talking to a machine when it calls you. :hammer:

Dandy7200 (greyseas) may have some in stock ;)

^^

I do actually. The cord grips are good for softer things like cords :biggrin: I use 1/2" nylon compression fittings that have a stainless retaining ring and nylon washer. You can just drill a hole, tap 1/2" mpt and screw it in. These grip much tighter than the ones you linked to especially around something rigid like a probe.

gallery_868_102_618090.jpg

gallery_868_102_278708.jpg

(edited)

any issues with leaking? cost? where would I find such and animal?

Edited by kngfisher

mcmaster.com

part# 50775K339

Then you need to drill out the bottom of the fitting with a 1/2" drill bit. Very easy and takes about 30 seconds to do. Have fun. If you need one and don't want to pay shipping for a single part just pm me and we can work out something.

leaking? :lol: