Back from vacation

mogurnda

We did some wreck diving in NC last week, to escape a family reunion. There had been some roughness the previous few days, and the visibility was pretty awful, but it was good to be down again.

We dove two intentionally sunk wrecks, both of which had good growths of gorgonians, hydroids, and sargassum, with depths ranging from 50 to 80 feet.

Purple gorgonians

th_8054_purpleGorgd.jpg

Hydroids

th_8056_hydroids.jpg

Nudibranchs

th_8061_nudibranch.jpg

With the visibility so poor, we didn't get a lot of decent photos. There were some pretty cool schools of fish, like these spadefish, plus some huge schools of baitfish swirling around just like on TV. My wife shot all of the photos and videos below.

th_8087spadefish.jpg

The sharks were probably the coolest things. They were sand tiger sharks, ranging from about 6 to 10 feet. They look fierce, but are quite harmless. We were told not to pet them, though.

th_8072shark.jpg

J's videos were somewhat more interesting.

At least you got wet diving..... Armson and I went to NC last weekend as well and they wouldn't take us out because of the seas where to rough.....

Dave!

Welcome back sir!

Cool pics and videos!

Very cool Dave. When I went wreck diving down there I had a tiger shark swim past me and its tail fin hit my head. Then it came back around and headed straight for us.

At least you got wet diving..... Armson and I went to NC last weekend as well and they wouldn't take us out because of the seas where to rough.....

WOW - your brave to admit you went some place with Armson :eek:

JK :lol:

Long live SOG

========

Back to topic - nice photos Dave. Will have to see video tonight

Very cool Dave. When I went wreck diving down there I had a tiger shark swim past me and its tail fin hit my head. Then it came back around and headed straight for us.

What happened? Did you get eaten? Don't leave the story hanging like that.

What happened? Did you get eaten? Don't leave the story hanging like that.

Didn't get eaten, but that shark was huge. We were turned one way and it came behind us and brush my head with its tailfin. As it came back around we clapped our hands together to scare it away and it swam into the distance.... I can still picture the face of it and this happened over 10 years ago

Dave?

WHAT IS THIS?? :biggrin:

The component malfunctions within the sneak. The sheer thumb barks across the unconscious generator. How can the stereo speak beside fill? Why does the clean wrath worry on top of fill? Space emerges inside fill. The scratch hypocrite dominates the tactless table.