Farewell, Mr Domino Damsel

gsedlack

Well after trying for a while, I finally captured my Domino Damsel and sent him off to a friend. That fish was the worst thing I did to my tank. He had a bad-attude and was just plain evil. Getting rid of him is the best thing I have done for my tank in a long time. My fish are swimming out in the open more; my fire shrimp has reappeared after 2 mths of not seeing him, and I saw my serpent star as well.

There is joy in the tank once again :wig:

Guest Undercoverdork
(edited)

i bet it was a pain to catch him..GOOD JOB!

Edited by Undercoverdork

way to go!

aren't dominos one of the typically more aggressive types of damsels?

(edited)

the cool thing about them is i seen a picture from daphne fautin of a bunch of them hosting in a carpet anemone... i would like to see it in a captive system

20030103_202650_1_thm.jpg

this is a pic of some with a porcelain crab...

Edited by GaryL

I saw this in the wild when I was on my honeymoon in Tahiti. There were tons of them in the anemone which was well over 2' across. I don't believe it was a carpet, though, more likely a long tentacle based on my minimal knowledge.

Traveller7 had a picture of numerous clowns hosting in an anemone from one of his tanks and if you take a look at BRK they have some skunk clowns sharing a small bulb anemone in their invert tanks.

Guest Undercoverdork

if you take a look at BRK they have some skunk clowns sharing a small bulb anemone in their invert tanks.

i saw this^ in person at BRK on sat. There was like 5+ skunks all sharing the bulb..real neat.

(edited)

i have had alot of luck keeping three together 3 clarkii and 3 ocellaris(sp?) i think just getting them when they are young helps...

i could be wrong about the species of anemone cause it was a while back...but i think a domino anemone pairing would be different...i might try it one day...lol

Edited by GaryL